cocoa devdraw

Russ Cox

Sep 26, 2011, 12:34:01 PM9/26/11
to 9fans, plan9port-dev
Thanks to heroic effort by David Jeannot,
there is a new Cocoa-based OS X devdraw that
seems to work well enough that I made it the
default even on Snow Leopard.

If you do the usual hg pull -u; ./INSTALL you'll get it.

I think the only pending Lion issue now is that
people using Xcode 4.1 don't have working threads.
I haven't tracked that down yet. I suspect the
getcontext/setcontext routines in that Xcode are
just broken.

Russ

Anthony Sorace

Sep 26, 2011, 3:23:23 PM9/26/11
to Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, plan9port-dev

On Sep 26, 2011, at 12:34 PM, Russ Cox wrote:

> I think the only pending Lion issue now is that
> people using Xcode 4.1 don't have working threads.
> I haven't tracked that down yet. I suspect the
> getcontext/setcontext routines in that Xcode are
> just broken.

Do you have reason to believe this is a Lion issue? I'm running
Xcode 4.1 on Snow Leopard and libthread is buggered for me,
as well (I don't currently have a Lion system to confirm it's
buggered in the same way).

PGP.sig

Russ Cox

Sep 26, 2011, 3:47:00 PM9/26/11
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Anthony Sorace <a...@9srv.net> wrote:
> Do you have reason to believe this is a Lion issue? I'm running
> Xcode 4.1 on Snow Leopard and libthread is buggered for me,
> as well (I don't currently have a Lion system to confirm it's
> buggered in the same way).

No, I believe it is an Xcode 4.1 issue.
However, I don't know how to obtain
Xcode 4.1 for Snow Leopard, only Lion.
How did you get it?

Russ

David Leimbach

Sep 26, 2011, 4:10:07 PM9/26/11
to r...@swtch.com, 9fans, plan9port-dev
Ucontext stuff was being deprecated in Leopard was my understanding and that support for it would be shoddy.

Time to roll our own? Didn't you already do this?

Thanks also to David!

Sent from my iPhone

Anthony Sorace

Sep 26, 2011, 5:36:15 PM9/26/11
to Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, plan9port-dev
> How did you get it?

Yes, as Jeff suggested, I got it through the iOS developer channel.

Russ Cox

Sep 26, 2011, 6:14:13 PM9/26/11
to David Leimbach, 9fans, plan9port-dev
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 4:10 PM, David Leimbach <lei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ucontext stuff was being deprecated in Leopard was my understanding and that support for it would be shoddy.
>
> Time to roll our own?  Didn't you already do this?

I did for many systems, and even did for Lion,
but then I tried the system ones and they worked well
(with Xcode 4.2).

Oh well.

Russ