GSOC

Cam

Apr 1, 2021, 8:04:30 PM4/1/21
to Plan 9 Google Summer of Code
Hi Everyone,
I am a Computer Science student at Colorado State University with a big interest in Go and the general unix philosophy. Plan9 would be my first choice if I had the option so I'd be really interested in hearing any suggestions for projects as I know you guys would know more about what is needed.

Thanks for you time, looking forward to working together.
-Cameron

Anthony Sorace

Apr 5, 2021, 3:13:57 PM4/5/21
to Plan 9 Google Summer of Code
Welcome! Glad you're interested. Have you taken a look at our ideas page? That's usually the best start for an application:

http://p9f.org/wiki/gsoc-2021-ideas/index.html

Everything on there would be a good candidate for creating a specific proposal, and should also give you a good idea of the sorts of things we're after if you want to create your own. Do you have any specific area you'd like to work on?

Cam

Apr 6, 2021, 12:49:51 AM4/6/21
to Plan 9 Google Summer of Code
The edwood project seems really interesting and I think with my go background I could really help with the Internal API modernization but adding the edit buffer could be a fun project too. I guess the question is which one is the higher priority, I'll have to reach out to Robert. Thank you for the warm introduction!