[gsoc] dis interpreter

Alexandre Esteves

Aug 19, 2014, 2:11:50 PM8/19/14
to plan9...@googlegroups.com
Hey

Last year's code had very leaky abstractions when translating memory<->objects, and gradually built up technical debt.
I rewrote much of the code from scratch, and now the memory read/write related aspects are pretty well isolated.
Everything else now is normal Dart code. Reference counting is also handled automatically, except in 2-3 places (temporarily).

Threads, channels and loading of modules (built-in and libraries) was added.
From the Sys module, functions that do not use file descriptors have been implemented.
I'll try to get the other ones working before I go on vacation next week.

This year's efforts are in /web/bin/rewrite, and the interesting files are rewrite/instructions/isa.dart & rewrite/types/semantics.dart.