GSoC: student applications are in

Anthony Sorace

Mar 22, 2014, 11:27:54 AM3/22/14
to plan9...@googlegroups.com, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, infer...@googlegroups.com
Folks:
The student application period has now closed. We got
12 applications total, exactly double what we got last year.
More importantly, we've got some really high quality ones in
different areas of the system. Given GSoC's primary goal of
creating new contributors, I'm particularly happy to see two
applications from students from last year.

The mentors have a bunch of work to do over the next
few weeks reviewing proposals, talking with students,
matching potential mentors to potential projects, and so on.
Mentors: instructions will be coming on our mentors' list. If
anyone else wants to follow along, get on the plan9-gsoc
list. The next major milestone to report on to the rest of the
community is the project acceptance announcement, which
happens on April 21.

Anthony

signature.asc