[gsoc] Multi-queue scheduler - Week 1

Jessica Yu

May 19, 2014, 7:28:02 PM5/19/14
to plan9...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

My name is Jessica and I'm currently a student at UC Berkeley. Quite excited for this summer! :-) I'll be working on improving the process scheduler on Plan 9, making it more efficient on multicore systems.

This week I'll be focusing on reorganizing the scheduler codebase, changing the scheduler run queue into a per-Mach construction rather than a global entity. I'll also be modifying runproc() to account for these changes, which will hopefully make scheduling and process selection more efficient.

-Jessica

Jeremy Jackins

May 22, 2014, 12:20:41 PM5/22/14
to plan9...@googlegroups.com
Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this.