Raspi Disk Image

Mustafa Yuce

Jan 21, 2016, 5:05:42 AM1/21/16
to plan44_vdcd
Hello Lukas,

We write your plan44 image to our 32 GB disk and expanded with raspiconfig as you said. And we have developed our service and run on raspi that uses your vdcd external device service. We would like to use this new image but when we create ssd image with Win32DiskImager , image size becomes 30.9 gb. How can we shrink this image (for example by deleting unused disk area.)? Could you please help use.

Kind Regards,

Mustafa.

Lukas Zeller

Jan 22, 2016, 4:45:37 AM1/22/16
to Mustafa Yuce, plan44_vdcd
Hello Mustafa,

> On 21.01.2016, at 11:05, Mustafa Yuce <mustaf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We write your plan44 image to our 32 GB disk and expanded with raspiconfig as you said. And we have developed our service and run on raspi that uses your vdcd external device service. We would like to use this new image but when we create ssd image with Win32DiskImager , image size becomes 30.9 gb. How can we shrink this image (for example by deleting unused disk area.)? Could you please help use.

Basically, just don't expand the image to the maximum capacity, but first figure out how much you actually need and then expand only to that size. You need to look at fdisk or sfdisk and resize2fs tools to change partition and file system sizes. raspiconfig is just an easy way to expand the root partition to max, but internally also calls the *fdisk/resize2fs tools to do the actual work.

Lukas