Re: [plan44_vdcd] Debian Image Is Readonly

Lukas Zeller

Jan 20, 2016, 11:03:00 AM1/20/16
to Mustafa Yuce, plan44_vdcd
Hello Mustafa,

> On 19.01.2016, at 15:28, Mustafa Yuce <mustaf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We write the plan44 image to our sd card. But OS is readonly. We run "mount -o remount,rw /" command and it is fixed temporarily. After rebooting raspi , system files turn to readonly again. How can we disable readonly command.

This is intentional - if you leave the system in readwrite, the SD card is likely to die after a few months or even weeks of operation. That's why I switched to readonly rootfs, and moved all data that needs to be writable into the /flash partition.

You can switch the root partition to rw by editing /etc/fstab (change ro to rw in the line "/dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 ro,noatime,nodiratime 0 1"), but I do not recommend doing so except for experiments. For everything that should run 24/7 you should use readonly rootfs.

Best Regards,

Lukas

Mustafa Yuce

Jan 21, 2016, 5:01:49 AM1/21/16