Plains Justice hires new Staff Attorney and Communications Director

Carrie La Seur

Aug 1, 2008, 4:44:20 PM8/1/08
to Carrie La Seur
Dear friends,

Plains Justice is pleased to announce that we have expanded our ability to serve the people of the Northern Plains by hiring an additional Staff Attorney and our first Communications Director.

Starting today, Paul Blackburn is working full time on issues in the Dakotas and Nebraska. Paul is a highly experienced energy and environmental attorney with a background not just in law, but also in campaign strategy and organizing. Raised in Mason City, Iowa, Paul recently returned to the Midwest after working on a variety of energy and environmental issues in Washington, DC, and Southern California.  Prior to joining us, Paul worked in Minnesota on efforts to support community-owned energy development.

Paul earned a law degree from Boston College Law School and a Bachelor's degree in Biology from Macalester College. In Washington, DC, he worked for Van Ness Feldman, a law firm that specialized in energy and Native American matters, and also for the National Environmental Trust and Oceana.  In California, he served as the Director of Government and Public Relations for a fuel-cell development company, worked in conservation advocacy for a local Sierra Club Chapter, helped found an alternative transportation advocacy organization, and participated in a number of conservation advocacy campaigns.

Stating in October, Kelly Fuller will begin work as our Communications Director. She will significantly expand our ability to inform and engage communities all across the Northern Plains in support of our environmental justice mission. Kelly has a background in media relations, writing, community organizing, and teaching.

She was most recently the Advancement Director of Voyageurs National Park Association, a citizen-advocacy group in Minneapolis. Previously, she was a media spokesperson for the 17,000 members of the San Diego Sierra Club chapter. She also helped rural and suburban communities with deep differences find common ground so they could work together to find fair and sensible ways to meet the energy needs of growing cities without sacrificing rural quality of life. In addition, she taught writing at a community college for several years and has worked as a technical writer. Kelly has a Master's degree in English from Claremont Graduate School and a Bachelor's degree in Theater from San Diego State University.

Plains Justice is delighted to welcome Paul and Kelly to our team of talented staff.

--
Carrie La Seur, Ph.D., J.D.
President and Founder

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and the accompanying attachments contain confidential information belonging to the sender that may be legally privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action regarding any of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.