L & T Medical checkup schedule

Uday Joshi

Aug 7, 2010, 2:49:56 AM8/7/10
to KJ Somaiya Placement Cell
Dear All L & T selected students

You are required to attend for L & Tmedicla checkup as per the
schedule below. Address:

LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED.
Corporate HR & Personnel Dept.
North Block II, First Floor, “A” Wing
Gate No. 1, Saki Vihar Road, Powai Campus
Mumbai – 400072, Tel – 022 6705 3795

Time 8.30 am SHARP

1 Rachit.S.Jhaveri 10/08/2010
2 Vinay.Kotak 10/08/2010
3 Ankit.R.Zaveri 10/08/2010
4 Viveknarayanan.P 10/08/2010
5 Dhananjay S Surte 10/08/2010
6 Aditya. Rajeev.Joshi. 10/08/2010

7 Yogesh.P.Dodia 11/08/2010
8 Patel anvi yogesh 11/08/2010
9 Nikhil C Shah 11/08/2010
10 Kaushik.Y.Kulkarni 11/08/2010
11 Tejas.N.Ranadive 11/08/2010
12 Sanghavi. Binal. H 11/08/2010

13 Appachu.Codanda 12/08/2010
14 Doshi.Pratik.Dilip 12/08/2010
15 Darsheel D Dodiya 12/08/2010
16 Aastha Bhargava 12/08/2010
17 Dhanashree.Karlekar 12/08/2010

Important Instructions for Candidate:
1. You are requested to carry copy of spot offer letter on that
day and report at the address mentioned as above at 8.30 a.m. sharp on
empty stomach.
2. Please also note that those who are wearing contact
lenses will have to remove their lenses at the time of eye check up.

Do carry a letter offer accept_Mh &amp_ Guj.doc uploaded on the group
with you along with the printout of this email.

Sidd

Aug 7, 2010, 9:35:27 AM8/7/10
to KJ Somaiya Placement Cell
Congratulations to all the L&T recruited students, an awesome
achievement

On the date of the medical test, you will have to first report to
Namrata Mam at Corporate HR and Personnel. Your names will be
mentioned on a list with the security, but if there is no list, take a
visitor pass from the reception. L&T is extremely serious about
security and they do not like people who take it lightly. It's not
your home that you can just walk in. Have some manners.

To go to North Block II bldg. You keep walking straight inside from
gate 1 till you cross the roof of HED workshop, then you have to go to
a beautifully designed building on the right which is the Corp HR
building. A lot of important people are going in and out, so maintain
decorum.

When you are inside, make sure 20 people don't go to 1st floor, one
person can take all the signed acceptance letters to Namrata mam and
use the lift to go up, you will never find the stairs on day one.

After that, you will have to go to the Medical Centre, walk back the
way you came and look to your right at a place where you will see an
ambulance on stand by. Behind the ambulance is the medical centre.

You will need to supply blood & urine for testing so make sure you go
with an empty stomach and a full bladder. There are people waiting so
you can't take too much time in the loo waiting for the waterfall.

Once that is over, you will undergo your physical where your bp,
height, weight, eyesight, physical deformation (if any), etc. will be
checked, it's not too invasive. If you can read with your spectacles
then they do not have a problem with it but they check colour
blindness too so don't lie about it. If they ask abt it just say yes
but don't volunteer until they find out.

Finally, Dr. Mishra will give you your signed Medical fitness
certificate, which you have to take back to Namrata mam. Only one
person going there to give it is enough. They might provide you with
lunch but you can't be sure so carry some snacks.

Don't worry, they do not fail anybody, believe me, they need all the
GET's they can lay their hands on. They will even recruit a
hippopotamus if it has the brains and skill for the job after telling
it to lose some weight because there is a lot of running around
involved.

Once, this is done you will have to wait for your call letter, which
might not arrive before June so be patient as it is not in your
control. Have faith in them, they need you to join.

There will be some people who will have L&T as a backup and are intent
on going to US or do an MBA. I urge you to reconsider because the
systems here is better than the US and the training given here is
better than an MBA. It might feel boring but it is designed with a
purpose because sometimes life is boring and we have to learn to deal
with it. Take Mumbai Univ syllabus for example.

Those who do not turn up are free to do so but do it in the right way.
Pay a visit to Namrata mam a month in advance and explain to her why
you cannot join, I guarantee that they will not stop you till you sign
the bond so try it.

The L&T name on your resume is a privilege so think before you act.
Two years here is nothing compared to what you will miss (Rs. 3 lacs
in the bank!!!) if you don't join. Learn as much as you can and you
will enjoy your time here.

Don't think too much about which department you want to join, each
department is doing astonishingly well and L&T Power is not an option
for GET Mumbai. It has a 3 year and 3 Lacs bond so don't ask for it.
Mech Engg have EnC (that's where I am), HED, MIPD and EBG. Electronics
will most likely get EBG or HED. You can choose but you can't complain
if you don't get what you want so I suggest you don't, it will only
create a bad impression about you. They dont care about your opinions.
You are just a number for them till you prove yourselves.

All the best,
Siddharth

KJSCE ka GET...

If you have any probs on the day of the medical, you can call me on
9819034646 or 67054680 but don't bug me to death with irrelevant
questions. I do not have UBJ sir's patience so don't test it. See you
next year.