Yogurt and other fermented foods

Assigned to pkd...@gmail.com by me

Wayne Harrison

Jun 24, 2022, 1:13:45 PM6/24/22
to PKD
Hi everyone. I've been having lots of digestive issues lately that I think are related to stress and a very high fiber diet. I've read great things about bringing in fermented foods daily. I'm thinking about bringing no sugar yogurt into my diet a few times a week, along with low salt Kimchi (if anyone has any good recipes, I'd be grateful to use one for homemade.)
Please let me know your thoughts and experiences with fermented foods and PKD.
Thanks! Hope you're all enjoying the summer!

Wayne

anthony...@fastmail.co.uk

Jun 24, 2022, 1:51:45 PM6/24/22
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
Tzatziki. Cucumber and plain yoghurt with either a bit of cyan pepper or paprika, which is my preference and a twist of fresh black pepper, you can also put in minced garlic if you like. There are variations you can look up!

That's my contribution.

I am starting to use Chai seeds daily and summer cucumbers. Both superfoods.

All the best Michael

Cavalier de l'iPad:
 “ Every moment happens twice: Inside and Outside ..and they are two different histories ..!
Carpe diem🌀

Wayne Harrison

Jun 24, 2022, 2:42:13 PM6/24/22
to PKD
Wow--this sounds delicious! Thanks, Michael!

Diane Smith

Jun 25, 2022, 2:42:36 PM6/25/22
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
Dear Wayne

My husband, no PKD, had a colonoscopy for bleeding. He now uses the low FODMAP diet. He now uses this for his diet and he is amazed how well it works for him.

I have tried some of his diet for me. I too am amazed.

No onions no garlic no milk chocolate gluten free flour

The Monash university in Australia has written a low food map food app. If you have a non iPhone try looking for a free app that is low FODMAP

Sent from my awesome Blue iPhone 13

~Diane

On Jun 24, 2022, at 8:42 AM, Wayne Harrison <gritty...@gmail.com> wrote:

Wow--this sounds delicious! Thanks, Michael!

Wayne Harrison

Jun 27, 2022, 7:09:01 PM6/27/22
to PKD
Thanks, Diane. This is informative. Does this also apply to the fermented foods/Yogurt question? I'm a little confused. Sorry!
Wayne

Diane Smith

Jun 30, 2022, 7:08:16 PM6/30/22
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
At Costco they have Hannah 32 oz Tzatzki yogurt !!!!

On Jun 27, 2022, at 1:09 PM, Wayne Harrison <gritty...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks, Diane. This is informative. Does this also apply to the fermented foods/Yogurt question? I'm a little confused. Sorry!

Diane Smith

Jun 30, 2022, 7:09:50 PM6/30/22
to 'Diane Smith' via PKD
Yes this apples to all

On Jun 30, 2022, at 1:08 PM, 'Diane Smith' via PKD <pkd...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

At Costco they have Hannah 32 oz Tzatzki yogurt !!!!

anthony...@fastmail.co.uk

Jul 1, 2022, 2:11:23 AM7/1/22
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Thick-and-Creamy-Restaurant-Style-Tzatziki-Dip-1356327?prm-v1

Not sure I understand Tzatziki yoghurt, as Tzatziki is cucumber in plain yoghurt, with garlic and paprika or as in the above Greek recipe!?

All the best Michael

Cavalier de l'iPad:
 “ Every moment happens twice : Inside and Outside ..and they are two different histories ..!
Carpe diem🌀

Diane Smith

Jul 1, 2022, 1:36:21 PM7/1/22
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
Tazaki yogurt is Greek yogurt (allowed on the low FODMAP) and has the herbs already added. Cucumber is great for PKD. I ‘ve been trying to eat more of it. I tried a Japanese salad it was 😋 delicious.