GINKO B

Wayne Harrison

Apr 27, 2022, 5:35:06 PM4/27/22
to PKD
HI everyone. Diane, I know you recommend against taking Ginko B, but I read this interesting study about it's effects with curcumin. Thoughts?
Thanks!
Wayne

Diane Smith

Apr 27, 2022, 7:00:33 PM4/27/22
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
This is interesting in the mouse model of PKD

Can a mouse model be transferred to humans?

Sent from my awesome Blue iPhone 13

~Diane

On Apr 27, 2022, at 11:35 AM, Wayne Harrison <gritty...@gmail.com> wrote:

HI everyone. Diane, I know you recommend against taking Ginko B, but I read this interesting study about it's effects with curcumin. Thoughts?
Thanks!
Wayne

Wayne Harrison

May 2, 2022, 9:41:20 AM5/2/22
to PKD
It seems like we base a lot of what we try on mouse models since there are very few human tests done. Would there be an dangers about taking Ginko B?

Diane Smith

May 2, 2022, 2:38:06 PM5/2/22
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
We are not mice we are human
Ginkgo biloba should not be taken with any chance of intracranial bleed. There is an increased chance of this with PKD

On May 2, 2022, at 3:41 AM, Wayne Harrison <gritty...@gmail.com> wrote:

It seems like we base a lot of what we try on mouse models since there are very few human tests done. Would there be an dangers about taking Ginko B?

j bayne

May 6, 2022, 7:25:10 PM5/6/22
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
Agree about the mouse comment. About 90% of animal testing does not translate to humans, which is why new tech like organs on chip and other tech is better way forward and reduces the cruelty.

There is alot of research  being done to review and rediscover the power, benefits and side effects of herbs and foods based on 100s to 1000s of years of human use. Like tumeric (antiinflammatory),  berberine (natural alternative to metformin)

I tend to give things ago based on risk vs benefit.
I have a brain anuersym now, so I have stopped taking ginkgo.
If i had the same memory issues occur after hospitalisation.
I may consider taking it again short term, cause not being able to function is not a quality life for me.

anthony...@fastmail.co.uk

May 7, 2022, 12:40:43 AM5/7/22
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
Mice modelling is pre-testing on humans so are easy media stories. This is why there is a dearth of them rather than actual progress in human attainment.

I have not explored Berberine. Tumeric has always been a go too for me. It is only assimulated in the presence of fats such as milk or yoghurt etc. Better with a twist of black peppercorn!

Is there treatment for your aneurism going on for you?

All the best Michael

Cavalier de l'iPad:
 “ Every moment happens twice : Inside and Outside ..and they are two different histories ..!
Carpe diem🌀