Iron

Wayne Harrison

Apr 3, 2023, 5:31:27 PM4/3/23
to PKD
Hi folks. I wonder if people have issues with iron. My RBC is low, as is my WBC and hemoglobin. I don't eat red meat but perhaps need to start?

j bayne

Apr 14, 2023, 4:30:13 AM4/14/23
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
Yup always had it part of kidney disease.

Lost iron after a stint in hospital 2 surgeries waiting for a third  same month, but iron was too low need to boost it. a friend brought me a green smoothies and various berry, beets and other juice wS able to do op 3 daus later. Cant recall no.
maltopher is a brand not the most natural but doesnt constipate like others 375ml nurse recommeneded it and took the dau before surgery, it can take 2 to 4 weeks to work
Had first infusion dec still enjoying benefits, dont feel different but bloods say they are really good now

Jen from Australia

On Tue, 4 Apr 2023, 07:31 Wayne Harrison, <gritty...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks. I wonder if people have issues with iron. My RBC is low, as is my WBC and hemoglobin. I don't eat red meat but perhaps need to start?

Diane Smith

Apr 14, 2023, 7:06:02 PM4/14/23
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
  I had it! My RBC was3.3
 They gave me a unit of whole blood
They had studied it and found that giving more blood did not raise the RBC
I am looking for calves liver
Sent from my awesome Blue iPhone 13

~Diane

Wayne Harrison

Apr 15, 2023, 11:16:49 AM4/15/23
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
I'm wondering if I need to stop donating blood. I had donated three weeks before my blood work and see that it can take up to eight weeks to recover, even for those without kidney damage. My gfr is still in the 70s, so thinking if I bring in some more red meat and hold off giving blood for a while then check again.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PKD" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pkdiet/99DD3F39-051B-494B-AAE5-E20646A86CB2%40mac.com.

j bayne

May 27, 2023, 9:58:08 AM5/27/23
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
Just do a ferreting infusion last for me 5 months so far

Sheryl C.S. Johnson

Aug 1, 2023, 3:39:44 PM8/1/23
to PKD
Forever ago I was watching a lecture that was saying that after the age of 18, our intestines are lined with a kind of plaque and ferrets can't get through it. My natural doctor put me on Ferrofood and it works way better for me than ferrets ever did. It works as well as floradix but I don't need to refrigerate it. I only take it when the anemia hits, which is almost never anymore. However, back in the day it was one of my biggest problems.

Atlantis 007

Aug 1, 2023, 6:57:59 PM8/1/23
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
Hello Wayne and My Fellow Pkders,

Yes, I can relate to this. As I used to donate blood to the American Red Cross at least once or twice a year.
As of late, I have stopped this practice because I did not want to deplete my precious kids of fresh blood supply. However I didn't think I was doing any harm.

Jacqueline