On fasting and blood sugar

Michael Anthony

May 16, 2022, 1:25:59 AM5/16/22
to Michael Anthony 1
https://www.dietdoctor.com/why-is-blood-glucose-elevated-when-fasting

I am not sure it is a problem!

All the best Michael

Cavalier de l'iPad:

"Nothing exists until or unless it is observed. An artist is making something exist by observing it. And his hope for other people is that they will also make it exist by observing it."

WILLIAM S. BURROUGHS

Carpe diem🌀

Wayne Harrison

May 16, 2022, 11:38:41 AM5/16/22
to PKD
Thanks, Michael! I haven't been diagnosed as diabetic, so wondering if the dawn phenomenon applies only to diabetics. I'd like to get a coninuous blood monitor if my insurance will cover it. It's strange how eating brings my blood sugar right back down. If I weren't trying to fast for PKD, I'd definitely eat earlier.

anthony...@fastmail.co.uk

May 16, 2022, 12:21:25 PM5/16/22
to pkd...@googlegroups.com
If that is the case, I imagine it is because your liver provides a lot of it's stored sugar it shuts off when a new carbohydrate, low you say, arrives!
From my understanding of keto this is what is normal to happen!

I have only been borderline diabetic due to TXP drugs I take. That was adjusted with pills and my diet now seems to cope without pills. I have recently come off a keto diet. I needed to lose weight and other stuff. Worked well with intermittent fasting.

I do not think you can control the amount the liver puts away for rainy days, as it were?

As you say, maybe the order and timing of what you eat?

All the best Michael

Cavalier de l'iPad:
 “ Every moment happens twice : Inside and Outside ..and they are two different histories ..!
Carpe diem🌀