Favicon

Elizabeth Glazner

Jan 27, 2010, 12:14:58 AM1/27/10
to Pixie
Hi everybody,

Can the Pixie favicon be changed?

Thanks!

Grzegorz Fortuna

Jan 27, 2010, 1:18:03 AM1/27/10
to pixi...@googlegroups.com
Yes. There is a favicon.ico file in admin directory. You need to overwrite it with yours.

2010/1/27 Elizabeth Glazner <egla...@gmail.com>
Hi everybody,

Can the Pixie favicon be changed?

Thanks!

Pozdrawiam
Grzegorz Fortuna

Tony

Jan 27, 2010, 3:22:52 AM1/27/10
to Pixie

Hi Elizabeth,
Yes, you can change it one of two ways :
Copy your new favicon into your theme's directory (hellowiki for
example,) That's the preferred way.
Or you can override the template for your theme, using the template
override and put your favicon where ever you want as long as you
specify the correct path in the overridden index.php.

Sorry Grzegorz, I don't think your way would work. Take a look at
Pixie's top level index.php for <!-- site icons--> to see why.

Thanks,
Tony

Scott

Feb 5, 2010, 7:57:34 AM2/5/10
to Pixie
Hi Elizabeth,
Did you manage to change your favicon in the end?

Scott

Nicholas Litterski

Nov 25, 2013, 10:57:45 PM11/25/13
to pixi...@googlegroups.com, scot...@gmail.com
I found this thread, looking to replace the favicon, and tried copying the my favicon into the theme directory, without success.  When I look at the file, the "P" favicon still shows up.  I used the file manager's "upload" function, which has worked for me in the past.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!