DICOM SR Validator - request for update: Overloaded Releationships

Peter Chripunow

Jun 30, 2021, 3:58:51 AM6/30/21
to pixelmed_dicom
Hi,
I've been running the DICOM SR Validator on a Mammo CAD SR, TID 4000, and may have come across a gap in "overloaded" (multi-defined) Relationship constraints.
I can share a sample SR object in a private message.

1.) TID 4002 (incl. TID 4019) is included in TID 4001 and TID 4003, but with different Relationship constraints.
The tool seems to have implemented only one of them:
  • In TID 4001, it is inculded as "HAS PROPERTIES" - That's what the tool always checks against
  • In TID 4003, it is included as "CONTAINS" - Here, errors are thrown
2.) TID 4007 shows same issue as in #1 above.
It is included in TID 4006 and TID 10003 but with different Relationship constraints:
  • In TID 10003, as "CONTAINS"  - That's what the tool always checks against, despite the Mammo CAD SR not even including this TID
  • In TID 4006, as "HAS PROPERTIES"  - Here, errors are thrown

I therefore would like to encourage an update of the DICOM SR Validator to account for such overloaded Relationship contraints.

I've been using build <Thu Jun 10 06:10:25 EDT 2021>

Thanks in advance & best regards,
Peter