New to PiWall

John Fadley

Oct 14, 2023, 1:51:04 PM10/14/23
to PiWall Users
Hey y'all,

I am late to this fun party, but wanted to use this for project coming up.

I am currently following this guide:
https://crt.gg/piwall

And I have run into an issue. When running the command: pwomxplayer --tile-code=41 udp://239.0.1.23:1234?buffer_size=1200000B

I get nothing in return. Not the the master (linux ubuntu laptop) and the rasperry pi. It looks like the program begins and is "listening" but nothing else. Then, when just attempting to jump to the next step, by running this command on the master: ffmpeg -re -i piwall-test.mp4 -vcodec copy -f avi -an "udp://239.0.1.23:1234

It looks correct on the master, but obviously not the pi. Which tells me the issue
is either the network or software.

COnfirming with ifconfig, the static ip addresses are correct and I can ssh into the pi,
but it seems as if these two units can't communicate via the software. Should I be using
something else other than omx player?

I am not sure how active this community still is, but if you are familiar and see this,
please shoot me a message.

Tarian

Oct 17, 2023, 4:30:00 AM10/17/23
to PiWall Users
Hello,

Is the static route up on the master ? First time I got the Pis not getting data the route config wasn't not set up correctly. You want to broadcast to the full network range, or at least to 239.0.1.23