videos occasionally starting slightly out of sync

dasl

Nov 14, 2021, 10:44:33 PM11/14/21
to PiWall Users
Hi there,

I have a TV wall with 10 TVs. Approximately 1 out of 30 times I play the same video through them, one of the TVs will start slightly out of sync. Sometimes it is up to a second out of sync, other times shorter, on the order of 20-50 milliseconds out of sync (just barely noticeable).

When I had a smaller TV wall consisting of 4 TVs, the problem was even rarer, occurring perhaps 1 out of 60 times I played a video. This makes me think the issue comes down to chance -- the more TVs in your TV wall, the more likely it is that at least one of them will start out of sync.

I am aware that after rebooting, a "warm up" video may need to be played first. Even taking into account warm ups, I still occasionally experience very slight out of sync issues.

Is this normal? Just wondering if others experience the same issue.

Thanks.