Video does not start on child (tile) pi after connection is established with parent

Leo Morales

Sep 16, 2022, 1:36:59 PM9/16/22
to PiWall Users
Hello,
I encountered an issue attempting to stream a video file on my single-tile test set-up. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated <3

When I run the following  command on the child(tile) pi,

 pwomxplayer –config=VideoWallConfig udp://239.0.1.23:1234?buffer_size=1200000B

then run the following command on the parent (master),

ffmpeg-re -i VerseJump_Horizontal.avi -vcodec copy -f avi -an udp://239.0.1.23:1234

the console on the child appears to indicate that data is being streamed and the parent's console seems to indicate that it is streaming the video file, but no video plays on the child.

Leo Morales

Sep 16, 2022, 1:39:12 PM9/16/22
to PiWall Users

Child (tile) pi:
child_pi_console.jpg

Leo Morales

Sep 16, 2022, 1:40:04 PM9/16/22
to PiWall Users
Parent pi:
parent_pi_console.jpg

Leo Morales

Sep 16, 2022, 1:40:40 PM9/16/22
to PiWall Users

Notes:

- One tile Pi, hostname: pi02.  Tile id named after the host name in .piwall and .pitile files.

- Video file:

  • VerseJump_Horizontal.avi

  • 2048x600

  • Located in home directory on parent Pi

Leo Morales

Sep 16, 2022, 1:41:24 PM9/16/22
to PiWall Users

Contents of .piwall (on both parent(master) and child):

[VideoWall]

width=2048

height=600

x=0

y=0

# corresponding tile definitions

[pi01v]

wall=VideoWall

width=2048

height=600

x=0

y=0

#config

[VideoWallConfig]

pi02=pi01v

Contents of .pitile (on child pi hostname:pi02):

[tile]

id=pi02

dasl

Sep 16, 2022, 10:30:24 PM9/16/22
to PiWall Users
I'd suggest starting by seeing if omxplayer can play the video file locally. That way you can isolate whether it's a problem with the video file or a network issue.

Leo Morales

Sep 29, 2022, 5:31:10 PM9/29/22
to PiWall Users
Okay interesting!

Trying to play the video locally using this command instantly crashes the child Pi:

pwomxplayer ~/VerseJump_Horizontal.avi

And on the parent Pi the console displays an error message about not being able to find the libopenmaxil.so open libraries. That issue persists even after running rpi-update .

Thanks for the suggestion dsal :]

dasl

Sep 29, 2022, 6:40:07 PM9/29/22
to PiWall Users