Bug in Desert 0.5.2

1 view

SS

Oct 12, 2009, 4:25:55 PM10/12/09
to Pivotal Labs Open Source
Hello!
I have been experiencing the same issue like in post:

http://groups.google.ca/group/pivotallabsopensource/browse_thread/thread/f01437e1536af76c/c46c4eb7c7ee9915?hl=en&q=plugin_schema_info#c46c4eb7c7ee9915

I noticed that the fix to that issue was dated for Desert version
0.5.2, however even with the newest version I had the same problem.
The way I resolved it was by following these steps:

1. I checked in my RUBY_GEMS\desert-0.5.2\lib\desert
\plugin_migrations where I had more than one versions. I had 1.2 and
2.1 and the migration operation was confused which one to grab. I
think it was grabbing the first one. (I might be wrong about that)

2. I modified line 10 in schema_statements.rb under RUBY_GEMS
\desert-0.5.2\lib\desert\plugin_migrations\2.1\extensions

from:
plugins_and_versions = select_all("SELECT plugin_name, version from #
{Desert::PluginMigrations::Migrator.schema_info_table_name}")

to:
plugins_and_versions = select_all("SELECT plugin_name, version from #
{Desert::PluginMigrations::Migrator.schema_migrations_table_name}")

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is a line that never got
changed by Pivotal Labs development
team.

Cheers!

-Siyan