Dec 15 Tech Talk: State machine throwdown!

Mike Dalessio

Dec 14, 2009, 6:32:04 PM12/14/09
to Pivotal NYC Tech Talk
Hello all,

This week's Pivotal Tech Talk is set to be a real barn-burner. Two of
Pivotal's finest, Brandon Keene and Jeff Dean, will have a live-coding
throwdown showdown, debating the pros and cons of Rails state machine
and workflow plugins.

Well, maybe it will more like a reasoned debate, but we'll have some
spicy Thai, so hopefully that will make up for the lack of a head-to-
head battle.

Brandon and Jeff will be talking about AASM and other plugins, as well
as a new flexible workflow model currently under development for a
Pivotal client. If you've got a state machine that you like and can
talk about, drop me a line at mi...@pivotallabs.com.

Because we're ordering food, please either let me know you're coming,
or RSVP at:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/508508964

Cheers,
-mike

Jeff Dean

Dec 22, 2009, 2:08:38 PM12/22/09
to pivotal-ny...@googlegroups.com
Here's the gist I referenced in the state machine tech talk: