Re: Dec 15 Tech Talk: Postponed

Mike Dalessio

Dec 15, 2009, 10:02:54 AM12/15/09
to Pivotal NYC Tech Talk
Yeeeeargh. Sorry to promise an old-school battle royale and then pull the rug out from under you, but the state machine throwdown is postponed.

Jeff Dean suffered a programming injury yesterday defending agile processes in a client meeting while simultaneously managing a Tracker backlog and juggling three flaming batons with his left hand. It was spectacular, trust me.

When Jeff is back in fighting shape, we'll reschedule the throwdown. Thanks for understanding.

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Mike Dalessio <mike.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,

This week's Pivotal Tech Talk is set to be a real barn-burner. Two of
Pivotal's finest, Brandon Keene and Jeff Dean, will have a live-coding
throwdown showdown, debating the pros and cons of Rails state machine
and workflow plugins.

Well, maybe it will more like a reasoned debate, but we'll have some
spicy Thai, so hopefully that will make up for the lack of a head-to-
head battle.

Brandon and Jeff will be talking about AASM and other plugins, as well
as a new flexible workflow model currently under development for a
Pivotal client. If you've got a state machine that you like and can
talk about, drop me a line at mi...@pivotallabs.com.

Because we're ordering food, please either let me know you're coming,
or RSVP at:

    http://www.eventbrite.com/event/508508964

Cheers,
-mike