The project is in maintenance mode, and needs a new maintainer

Xavier Cho

Oct 16, 2016, 1:11:58 AM10/16/16
to pivot4j-list
Hello everyone,

Probably you have already noticed, but the project has been in a stagnant state for sometime. I didn't want to abandon the project, because it was the first open source project I started which has more than a few real users. I really enjoyed working on this project and also learned much in the process.

But after I switched my skill set to Scala/Scala.js couple of years ago, I could not find sufficient motivation or time to keep working on this project any more, because I had to invest almost all my free time in doing my commercial work, which is not related to BI/OLAP or even Java.

So, I decided to make it official that the project is in maintenance mode now, and I'm asking for a volunteer who might be interested in taking over the project as the new maintainer.

I will continue to host the project site, and try to answer technical questions and fix minor issues. But I won't be implementing new features or fixing such issues which require significant development efforts.

I'm sorry that I could not keep my promise to migrate this project on Spring REST/Scala, which would have made it easier to integrate it with modern UI technologies. But I believe that the core library itself is still useful and easy enough to use in building a functional OLAP frontend on any such frameworks. And we already have some groundworks for building a REST application using Pivot4J core and Spring Web, so I hope the project could stay relevant in future, and maybe even keep improving, if we can find a new maintainer.

If you are interested in volunteering for working on the project, or taking the maintainer's role, please don't hesitate to let me know.

I'd like to express my gratitude to everyone who used, and possibly still use Pivot4J. It's been a great experience for me to have worked on this project, and to know that I have contributed something to the community, however small it was.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Xavier

adomi...@dvconsultores.com

Mar 2, 2017, 5:54:25 PM3/2/17
to pivot4j-list
Hello Mr Xavier, let me introduce myself. My name is Andrés Dominguez. At the moment whe have developed an opensource application called openbizview. It is a simple application that pusblish statics reports developed with Birt Report, handled security and schedule report to be send via mail to any particular addresses. We are know looking for olap cubes to integrate into the platform. I have seen Pivot 4J and find it good. You are using Primefaces as we do. Our primary work is java and bi reports. I would like to use this platform, and even volunteering for working on the project. Regards

Xavier Cho

Mar 18, 2017, 10:12:58 AM3/18/17
to pivot4j-list, adomi...@dvconsultores.com
Hi Andrés,

First of all, sorry for the very late response.

I'm glad that you are interested in using Pivot4J. And it'd be much appreciated if you can contribute to the project,
especially when I'm no longer actively working on it.

Please let me know if you need anything, and I'll try to help as best as I can.

Thanks!

Regards,
Xavier

2017년 3월 3일 금요일 오전 7시 54분 25초 UTC+9, adomi...@dvconsultores.com 님의 말:

tiam...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2018, 1:11:42 PM2/21/18
to pivot4j-list

Hello Xavier

I'm interested in using and helping to keep the project active, but I need to better understand how to use it in my JSF WEB Project Primefaces, could you give any help how to do a hello world? I'm in the early stages of the project, and I'm trying to understand the test project, one question I have is, does he communicate with the Pentaho Mondarian? or he needs the weed to straighten the cubes right? I would like to make it clear that I have enough knowledge in JAVA JSF Primefaces, I created a medium-sized web application totally alone using the best practices, so I believe I can be useful in maintaining the project, please give me an initial support!

kmeen...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2018, 7:18:29 AM3/8/18
to pivot4j-list
I am trying to add pivot4j in my pentaho deployement.i am to start wildfly server and successfully deploy pentaho 8.0 manually.when I click pivot4j menu in pentaho the following exception thrown.
EXCEPTION 1:
ERROR:[org.pivot4j.analytics.exception.Pivot4JExceptionHandler](default task-20) Unhandled exception has occurred:Java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.pivot4j.analytics.config.Settings.getLocatAttributrName(settings.java:335)
at org.pivot4j.listener.LocalInitializer.afterPhasr(LocalInitializer.java:57
EXCEPTION 2:
ERROR[org.pivot4j.analytics.exception.Pivot4JExceptionHandler](default task-20) Unhandled exception has occurred:
org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.el.contextAwareELException: javax.el.ELException:Java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.myfaces.view.facelets.el.ContextAwareTagValueExpression.getValue(contextTagValue.Expression.java:104)