Adding Pivot4J dependencies in Play for Scala

Pablo S

Jul 3, 2016, 1:53:58 AM7/3/16
to pivot4j-list

I'm trying to deploy Pivot4J in Play Framework for Scala. I added the following to build.sbt:

libraryDependencies += "org.pivot4j" % "pivot4j-core" % "0.9"

However when I start the application Play throws an exception saying it cannot find the dependency:

[error] (*:update) sbt.ResolveException: unresolved dependency: org.olap4j#olap4j;1.1.0: not found

Still, it downloads some apache common jars, and pivot4j jar. It doesn't download olap4j, though.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
Pablo

Xavier Cho

Jul 3, 2016, 5:35:31 AM7/3/16
to pivot4...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pablo,

I'm not 100% certain, but isn't Olap4J artifacts reside in the Pentaho repository?

If it is the case, then you'll need to add the repository url to the resolver like this:

resolvers += "Pentaho Releases" at "http://repository.pentaho.org/artifactory/repo/"

Hope this helps :)

Regards,

Xavier

2016년 7월 2일 토요일 오후 10시 53분 57초 KST에 Pablo S 님이 쓴 글:

Pablo S

Jul 3, 2016, 9:12:44 AM7/3/16
to pivot4j-list
Thanks, it worked!

The only thing (I'm not sure if this is an issue) is that it gives me warnings on all batik jars. For example:

[warn] circular dependency found: org.apache.xmlgraphics#batik-svg-dom;1.7->org.apache.xmlgraphics#batik-anim;1.7->...
[warn] circular dependency found: org.apache.xmlgraphics#batik-anim;1.7->org.apache.xmlgraphics#batik-svg-dom;1.7->...

Pablo S

Jul 3, 2016, 9:36:01 AM7/3/16
to pivot4j-list
By the way, why is batik a dependency? isn't Pivot4J agnostic to the user interface?

Xavier Cho

Jul 3, 2016, 10:00:44 AM7/3/16
to pivot4...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear it solves the problem :)

I suppose filtering transitional dependencies of the one which causes a cycle
might help with the warnings.

If I remember correctly, Batik dependency probably have to do with PDF export
feature. Pivot4J contains FopExporter which handles PDF using Fop library,
which in turn depends on Batik.

2016년 7월 3일 일요일 오전 6시 36분 1초 KST에 Pablo S 님이 쓴 글: