colspan/rowspan in headers

Pablo S

Aug 12, 2016, 6:12:07 PM8/12/16
to pivot4j-list

Hi Xavier,  I built a table based on dimensions, positions, members, cellSet, etc. using the API. That seems to work fine (I compared the results against your analytics app), however my problem is that I don't have the colspan/rowspan needed in the headers.  The colspan/rowspan is something provided by Pivot4J or needs to be calculated by the client application?

Thanks
Pablo

Xavier Cho

Aug 16, 2016, 8:25:51 PM8/16/16
to pivot4j-list
Hi Pablo,

For table based renderers(which extends from TableRenderer), the colspan/rowspan values are provided via TableRenderContext interface. You can see its basic usage in HtmlRenderCallback or PivotComponentBuilder class, both of which extends from TableRendererCallback.

Please let me know if you need further clarification. Sorry for the late response.

Cheers,
Xavier

2016년 8월 13일 토요일 오전 7시 12분 7초 UTC+9, Pablo S 님의 말:

Pablo S

Oct 6, 2016, 10:42:58 PM10/6/16
to pivot4j-list
Xavier, I couldn't figure this out, it's hard. Any chances you'll implement an Angular-based, jPivot-like directive? What made jPivot popular was the ease of use, you just plugged in an MDX statement and it worked. I think that if you release a library similar to jPivot it would be very beneficial to the Pivot4J project. And I can help with testing :)

Cheers
Pablo

Xavier Cho

Oct 16, 2016, 12:19:09 AM10/16/16
to pivot4j-list
Hi Pablo,

I wish I could keep the promise I made to migrate Pivot4J on new Angular/Scala stack. I'm sorry that I cannot help you further in that route, because the project has been in maintenance mode for some time and probably it will stay that way unless we can find a new maintainer.

I still believe Pivot4J has a clear advantage over JPivot, when it comes to using it as a component/library with which you build your own application. As you said, using JPivot was easy, but it's only true as long as you don't try to change its JSP tag + WCF backend, and there's no added complexities in case of Pivot4J in case you are happy with using JSF.

The main differences are that Pivot4J is designed from the start to be used as a standalone library, so it can be integrated with a custom UI framework. So, it's much easier to integrate Pivot4J's core library with Angular.js, for instance, than it is the case for JPivot. But I understand it can still be confusing for people who are not very familiar with its API.

So, I was about to provide another application using REST+Angular.js as an example, but I had to abandon the idea due to my shifting priorities with my other projects.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you much with your efforts. But if you still want to continue working on integrating Pivot4J with Angular.js, you can give me some the details about where you had difficulties and I'll try to help.

Cheers,
Xavier

2016년 10월 7일 금요일 오전 11시 42분 58초 UTC+9, Pablo S 님의 말: