Data treatment

Alberto Garcia

Jun 27, 2024, 10:09:41 AM (9 days ago) Jun 27
to PIVlab
Good morning everyone,
first, congratulations Ph.d William, the app is very useful! I am getting started in the app and i would like to know something about data treatment I did not find in papers/articles/tutorials: does PIVlab apply a colored-cross-correlation method (I mean, data treatment by separated channels of primary, secondary, rgb, etc? or does it take frames and converts them into grayscale before treating them? Then the cross - correlation would be obtained from grayscaled images. In addition, the previous one is related to my next question: is it the same getting results from the same recorded flow in rgb, hsv or grayscale? I would be grateful if someone could help me please.
Thank you. Regards.

William

Jun 28, 2024, 6:56:02 AM (8 days ago) Jun 28
to PIVlab

Hi, PIVlab converts everything to grayscale. I did some tests a long time ago with correlating each color channel, bit I did not see a difference, except 3x processing time.

Alberto Garcia

Jun 28, 2024, 7:22:43 AM (8 days ago) Jun 28
to PIVlab
Thank you very much! Helped me a lot! Have a nice day.