Non-matching Nan indexes in u_original and v_original

Sebastien Galas

May 24, 2024, 4:14:15 AMMay 24
to PIVlab
Hi,

I tried to unckeck every pre-processing and post-processing steps so the only thing PIVlab does is FFT PIV passes on raw data. I end up finding Nans in u_original and v_original and these Nan are not at the same index when looking at the same image pair.

I do not understand why I have Nan if I only do the FFT PIV step, and most importantly I do not understand why they are not in the same spot for u and v.

Can you please help me with what the analyse section in PIVlab exactly does?

William Thielicke (Shrediquette)

May 24, 2024, 6:54:14 AMMay 24
to PIVlab
Hi, if you cross-correlate two black sub images, then the result is NaN. Also, the sub pixel estimator might fail if there is too many completely black or white pixels. And X and y direction are independent from one another, so NaN might appear at different indices.

Sebastien Galas

May 27, 2024, 9:43:01 AMMay 27
to PIVlab
thanks for the help!