PIT ignores @junit.jupiter.api.Order annotation

Ozmerg Doku

Jan 2, 2021, 2:51:44 PM1/2/21
to PIT Users

Hello there,

so I recently tried to integrate this plugin into my java demo project. I'm defining only integration tests which specify a strict run order. I read from the FAQ "To make things fast PIT does some tricky stuff to split your tests into small independent units". So in my case no wonder that mutationCoverage execution fails. My next step was to check out the example presented here https://github.com/hcoles/pitest-plugins with the intention to modify the pitest-all-tests-plugin example to my needs, but this won't work with the newer versions of PIT, because TestPrioritiser and TestPrioritiserFactory no longer exist and more severely, even if I use the version 1.1.6 I get no options to read the order annotation to do the compare.

Are there any options to workaround this problem (except renaming the test methods and using the old version 1.1.6)

Best regards
Ozmerg