[Report Html] - How to interpret the results?

Paulo Roberto

Jan 17, 2021, 4:29:35 PM1/17/21
to PIT Users

Hello guys.

I'm learning about the plugin and I had doubts in the analysis of the Report HTML, I didn't find good explanations on the internet.

Can someone here help me interpret the report, please?

pitest.PNG

pitest2.PNG

Atenciosamente,
Paulo Roberto

Timur Toktassynov

Feb 24, 2021, 1:55:02 PM2/24/21
to PIT Users
Hi Paulo,
As far as I believe:
  1. Test strength is ratio of number of mutations killed by tests to number of all mutations covered by tests.
  2. Mutation coverage is ratio of number of mutation  killed by tests to the all number of mutations (regardless of whether it was covered by tests or not)
  3. Line coverage is ratio of line statements covered by tests to the all number of line statements potentially to  be executed in your class.
Hope it helps.