[PIT report]

Blue sky

Mar 10, 2023, 7:10:15 AM3/10/23
to PIT Users
Hello,
I am new to PIT, I am trying to play with it, but I am not able to visualize the report I found on the homepage of the tool.

I would like to visualize something like this:
report.jpg

but if I click on the "Open report in browser"

I get a report like this:
report2.jpg

Can someone help me?
Thanks,

Henry Coles

Mar 10, 2023, 7:25:04 AM3/10/23
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
It looks as though you have not supplied the source directories to pitest. This should happen automatically if you are using the maven or gradle plugins. How are you running it?

Henry

Blue sky

Mar 10, 2023, 8:33:14 AM3/10/23
to PIT Users
Hi Henry,
I installed the IntelliJ plugin (https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/7119-pit-mutation-testing) directly from the plugin marketplace of IntelliJ and then I ran it on a class like in the fig.:
report3.jpg

Then I right-click on the "Open report in browser", copy the link and past it in my chrome browser.

report4.jpg

I did not set anything manually in my pom.xml file...should I write something in this file?

Henry Coles

Mar 10, 2023, 8:39:39 AM3/10/23
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid I can't offer any support with the IntelliJ plugin, you would need to get in touch with the author of that plugin to understand what the issue is there.

However, instead of using the plugin I'd recommend using the pitest's build tool integration.

It's documented here

And the blog post here describes in more depth how I usually set things up.