FullMutationMatrix - mutation.xml issue when using incremental flag

Florin Semenescu

Jul 9, 2024, 5:29:01 AMJul 9
to PIT Users
Hello,

We are using PIT in our project and everything worked as expected. However, the mutation time was a bit high for some of our services and we decided to use the incremental flag. We used it and indeed the mutation time is now lower but we observed that the mutation.xml file, generated by the FullMutationMatrix option, has some problems. For example, the mutations with status="SURVIVED" always have numberOfTestsRun = 0 and the <succeedingTests> tag empty. This shouldn't be the case as per our understanding of the report.
Any thoughts? Is it a known issue or are we missing something?

Thank you,
Florin

Henry Coles

Jul 10, 2024, 8:48:40 AMJul 10
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
Full matrix mode is not a properly supported feature. It was added for the benefit of academic researchers, but is not guaranteed to interact correctly with other features designed for day to day development.

Regards

Henry

Florin Semenescu

Jul 10, 2024, 10:03:46 AMJul 10
to PIT Users
Thank you for the clarifications, Henry!