Re: Report aggregation without Maven

Message has been deleted

Marcin Zajączkowski

Jan 8, 2021, 5:04:54 PM1/8/21
to 'Joni' via PIT Users
On 2021-01-08 10:39, 'Joni' via PIT Users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying some things using pit right now to figure out whether or not I
> can use it properly in a project of mine. This project does not use Maven,
> however, I would need to generate multiple reports and aggregate them so to
> end up with one final report.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot get it to work. I was going to check out the
> pitest-aggregator project in more detail later, but it seems to always
> require exported line coverage data alongside the mutations data.
>
> When using the exportLineCoverage parameter with pitest however (using
> ant), it says, the attribute is not supported. Is this true for all
> projects not using Maven? (In the documentation the property is only ever
> described in the Maven section, not in the ANT or command line area.)
>
> Can reports be aggregated without the use of Maven at all?

Hi. I don't know about Ant and not supported exportLineCoverage, but I
remember, I asked the original PR (with the report aggregation) author
to make it as Maven agnostic as possible and a separate module was
created. Recently the Gradle plugin has got a PR with its support [1]
(which shamelessly waits for my attention to have it merged :( ).
Nevertheless, maybe you will be able to get something for you to make it
work with Ant.

[1] - https://github.com/szpak/gradle-pitest-plugin/pull/243

Marcin

--