Setting Application Properties for Spring Boot

Apolinar Sanchez

Feb 25, 2021, 5:24:23 PM2/25/21
to PIT Users
Hello,

I'm running my tests as follows:

mvn -B verify org.pitest:pitest-maven:mutationCoverage -DapplicationPassword=value

I'm trying to set  the value for applicationPassword in the application.yml from the command line. What I think happens next is that the unit tests run. My tests all pass and they make use of the applicationPassword I passed in from the command line. Then, the mutations run and I get IllegalArgumentExceptions for having a null applicationPassword. What is going on here? How can I set application properties to be used by the mutation tests from the command line? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Apolinar