is Pitest safe to use?

İbrahim Halıcı

May 12, 2023, 5:36:00 AM5/12/23
to PIT Users
hello friends,
I tried to run pitest in my code, but after I initialized MacOs warned me about Java wants to connect internet and send data. so I refused and killed the operation. I tried to find answers in website but could not. Is Pitest using/sending data/our code to somewhere? Is it safe to use? can we use it for enterprise applications? thanks.

Henry Coles

May 12, 2023, 5:40:02 AM5/12/23
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
Pitest does not send data anywhere. It does however use network sockets to communicate with the child processes it creates, so presumably this is what your firewall was detecting. If you are worried then the full source is available to review

And you can presumably configure your firewall to allow connections to localhost but deny them to elsewhere.

Regards

Henry

On Fri, 12 May 2023 at 10:36, İbrahim Halıcı <ibrahim...@gmail.com> wrote:
hello friends,
I tried to run pitest in my code, but after I initialized MacOs warned me about Java wants to connect internet and send data. so I refused and killed the operation. I tried to find answers in website but could not. Is Pitest using/sending data/our code to somewhere? Is it safe to use? can we use it for enterprise applications? thanks.

İbrahim Halıcı

May 12, 2023, 6:16:35 AM5/12/23
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
Hello Henry,
Thank you so much for your answer and clarification.
I really would like to use Pitest and improve my test quality, I see you are the creator of this library, so congratulations and thanks again for that also :)
Regards.

'Henry Coles' via PIT Users <pitu...@googlegroups.com>, 12 May 2023 Cum, 12:40 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PIT Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pitusers/CALGd%2BSRofCHmJCYrJ_CU9Uhpk-tdPHVgdF5_d%2BkvFPnT-71GBQ%40mail.gmail.com.