FW: Natural Language & Speech Processing Research Internship at Tencent AI Lab (Seattle)

Rebecca Hwa

Oct 10, 2018, 1:54:22 PM10/10/18
to pitt_nlp

In case if anyone is thinking about internship already.

Rebecca

---

Natural Language & Speech Processing RESEARCH INTERNSHIP

We are seeking natural language & speech processing research interns for our Seattle office located at Bellevue WA for year 2019. Every research intern will be working with researchers on a research project related to one of the core problems in natural language processing (e.g., natural language understanding and generation, question and answering, reading comprehension, common sense induction, semantic parsing and representation, and knowledge graph reasoning), dialog system (e.g., multi-turn, multi-modal, and multi-user dialog tracking and management), and speech recognition and synthesis (e.g., new paradigm, far-field speech recognition, adaptation techniques for speech recognition, end-to-end optimization of front and back end). You will work on real and/or big data using our high-performing computing facility and are encouraged to publish the results of your internship.

Key responsibilities

The research interns will work tightly with our high performing research team and apply their knowledge and innovative approaches to improve human-machine interaction and machine intelligence.

Requirements & Qualifications

The ideal intern candidates are those who

  • are Ph.D. students in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field;
  • are self-motivated;
  • have research experience in natural language processing, speech processing, dialog system, or machine learning;
  • have good publication track records and history of creativity and intellectual flexibility;
  • can program skillfully in Python and/or C++ and have experience in using one of the leading deep learning toolkits.

About Tencent AI Lab at Seattle

Tencent is a leading internet company in China and is well known for its social media applications QQ and WeChat. Tencent AI Lab at Seattle was established in May 2017. The current focus of the lab includes speech recognition, speech synthesis, dialog system, natural language understanding, natural language generation, and question and answering. We aim at solving challenging real-world problems with advanced technologies and publish extensively at top conferences and journals.

Location: Bellevue, WA

Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension). Can start any time in Year 2019.

Salary & Benefits

The company offers competitive salaries

Apply now!

Please email your CV to us-i...@tencent.com and d...@tencent.com or one of the AI Lab researchers you know. Please include “Natural Language & Speech Processing Research Internship at Tencent AI Lab (Seattle)” in the subject and cover letter.