Piston fails if GIT is not installed

alf

Dec 8, 2010, 5:43:20 AM12/8/10
to Piston
Hi

Just tried the latest version of piston since its time to bring in the
latest vendor release.

Piston kept failing while trying to look for a Git repository even
though im using svn. This also happened with the --repository-
type=svn

with the verbose output I could tell that its caused by Piston no
being able to find Git.

My shortcu was to install the latest version of Git.

Piston now uses Git.exe to see that my repository is not a Git repo
and the moves on to using svn to figure out its a svn repo.

It would be nice if i didnt have to have Git installed to use piston
for svn ;-)

Brgs.

Ralf Stokholm

François Beausoleil

Dec 8, 2010, 8:35:08 AM12/8/10
to piston-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You're more than welcome to patch Piston. If you do, I'll pull in your change and release a new version.

Bye,
François