Patch for piston 1.4.0 to support subversion 1.6

James Walker

Sep 2, 2009, 4:05:39 AM9/2/09
to Piston
I've had a problem using piston 1.4.0 ever since I upgraded my command
line client to support 1.6

I run under windows and use either the collabnet or tigris distros. I
doubt this makes a whole lot of difference as I gather the format of
the "svn propget" command changed and this is the cause of the
problem.

Under 1.5 the property key/value are on a single line and under 1.6
they are on separate lines.

The attached diff will patch the status.rb file to support the two
different formats for propget.

I suspect 1.4 is a non-supported/discontinued product, but this might
be of use to other 1.4 users.

Cheers,
James.

status.rb.diff

François Beausoleil

Sep 2, 2009, 7:58:09 AM9/2/09
to piston-d...@googlegroups.com
Thank you James for this patch.

Could you forward port the patch to 2.x? I suspect the same problem
occurs on 2.x.

Why haven't you upgraded to 2.x? Any particular reasons?

Thanks!
--
François Beausoleil
http://blog.teksol.info/

James Walker

Sep 2, 2009, 9:40:01 AM9/2/09
to piston-d...@googlegroups.com
I've not moved to version 2 for a number of reasons
- I don't use git, and all the errors about git annoy me :)
- it crashes a lot, for example I just tried it and had it crash with
c:/ruby/1.8.6/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/piston-2.0.6/lib/piston/git/client.rb:69:in
`run_real': undefined method `exitstatus' for nil:NilClass
(NoMethodError)
from c:/ruby/1.8.6/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/piston-2.0.6/lib/piston/git/client.rb:34:in
`run_cmd'
- the command format has changed, so that 'piston status' returns
nothing for me, and I have to specify paths where I didn't before
- the 'help' command has gone

In short: version 1.4 does everything I want, and version 2 looks like
it's still in development and thus I've not upgraded.

I'll take a look at the 2.0 status command and supply a similar patch.

Cheers,
James.