piston update leaves merge conflicts in my tree

Scott Johnson

Dec 4, 2009, 2:06:48 PM12/4/09
to Piston
I'm using Piston with Git. When I have local modifications to one of
my vendored projects, and I run a piston update, it leaves files in
the index with merge conflict markers. Since these files are already
in the Git index, git doesn't warn me that they are unmerged.

I would have expected it to warn me and leave them unmerged (like a
'git merge' with merge conflicts would)...

Scott Johnson

Dec 8, 2009, 7:47:30 PM12/8/09
to Piston
I asked on StackOverflow how I might be able to fix this problem. But
it sounds more complex than I'm prepared to deal with.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1869530/how-do-i-force-git-to-think-a-file-is-unmerged

Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables S.L. ::.

Dec 9, 2009, 4:26:06 AM12/9/09
to piston-d...@googlegroups.com
On Miércoles, 9 de Diciembre de 2009 01:47:30 Scott Johnson escribió:
> I asked on StackOverflow how I might be able to fix this problem. But
> it sounds more complex than I'm prepared to deal with.
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1869530/how-do-i-force-git-to-think-a-fi
>le-is-unmerged

I wrote the merge code but I couldn't guess how to force git. Maybe piston
warns you when it happens, I can't remember it

--
Sergio Cambra .:: entreCables S.L. ::.
Mariana Pineda 23, 50.018 Zaragoza