Can Piston import local Git directories?

Big Rich

Dec 10, 2010, 8:19:02 PM12/10/10
to Piston
Hi,
I'd like to use Piston to import code from a Git-based project
elsewhere on my local hard drive e.g piston import /path/to/
someGitProject. Is this supported?

I'm getting an error about Piston having an 'UnhandledWorkingCopy'(?).
To test this, try:

git init ./gitDir
cd ./gitDir
echo 'hello world' >> hello.txt
git add hello.txt
git commit -m 'commited hello.txt'
cd ..
mkdir pistonDir
cd pistonDir
piston import ../gitDir

I know I could just clone the project using Git itself, but I don't
require the project's history and like Piston's ability to lock
updates etc.

Cheers

Rich

François Beausoleil

Dec 10, 2010, 9:27:38 PM12/10/10
to piston-d...@googlegroups.com, Piston
I have never had a need for something similar. You could just copy the files, since that's all Piston would be doing for you.

Unfortunately, I don't maintain Piston anymore. The code's available for forking, if you choose to implement such a feature.

Bye,
François