rebar3

Paul Oliver

Apr 29, 2015, 6:34:32 AM4/29/15
to pi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Has anybody had any luck with using rebar3 and piqi-erlang?

Cheers!
Paul.

Anton Lavrik

May 1, 2015, 3:16:13 AM5/1/15
to pi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Just tested the latest rebar3. It turned out it works out of the box if you install the piqi binary separately. Once installed, just point the PIQI environment variable to the binary location before running piqi-erlang build. I always have it path, so this did the trick for me:

   export PIQI=`which piqi`
   cd piqi-erlang
   make REBAR=rebar3

It wont work if you want rebar3 to pull piqi-binary as a dependency automatically, because they removed support for raw dependencies from rebar3. It still can be done using hooks and shell scripts but not sure if it's worth the effort at this point. Ultimately, piqi binary will have to be installed separately anyway in not so distant future.

Anton

Paul Oliver

May 6, 2015, 2:41:49 AM5/6/15
to pi...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Anton!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "piqi" group.