Protocol buffers: Unknown wire type

down...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2014, 2:19:45 PM6/6/14
to pi...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing this when trying to work with an FSImage file from Hadoop HDFS:

# ./piqi convert --type fsimage.proto/FileSummary -f pb -t json imagetransfer.pb
Fatal error: exception Piqi_piqirun.Error(3, "unknown wire type 6")

Anton Lavrik

Jun 7, 2014, 3:19:18 AM6/7/14
to down...@gmail.com, pi...@googlegroups.com
Most likely something is wrong with the input, because 6 is not a valid wire type: https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/encoding#structure

There shouldn't be any difference, but just to make sure it is not a Piqi bug you can also try decoding your file using "protoc" (which comes with Protocol Buffers):

    protoc --decode=FileSummary fsimage.proto imagetransfer.pb

Anton

garbamo...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2018, 7:18:08 PM9/12/18
to piqi

Hi I try to run Kapacitor with Influddata  but I have this error and I dont'kown what it means
 proto: can't skip unknown wire type 6 for agent.Response
 proto: can't skip unknown wire type 7 for agent.Response
Tkanks

garba moussa

Sep 13, 2018, 9:07:24 PM9/13/18
to pi...@googlegroups.com
Hi thanks for your help

I  am actually intern and i try to write some udf to forecast some metric.
Error: forecast3: read error: proto: can't skip unknown wire type 7 for agent.Response
Always I have this error the process start to work and after 6 batches I have this error .

Thanks

Anton Lavrik

Sep 13, 2018, 9:14:31 PM9/13/18
to pi...@googlegroups.com, garba moussa
Hello,

This is probably a wrong group to ask these questions. Piqi does not generate errors you've mentioned. Looks like you are doing something that is completely unrelated.

Anton