New Headlight

Terry Scott

Oct 1, 2016, 1:10:52 PM10/1/16
to pino...@googlegroups.com
A couple weeks ago I replaced our Axa Pic030-T headlight with B&M Lumotec IQ Fly T. Had a local shop test to see if the original light was faulty and they said it was, so I ordered the B&M light. We don’t do night time riding anymore but I was impressed with the 6 daytime running lights on the Fly T, which I think would make us more visible in the coming darker winter days. After hooking the light up, using the original wires to the dynamo hub (SP-8), I couldn’t get it to work when spinning the wheel until I plugged in the taillight. I thought the headlight should work without a taillight. The taillight, a B&M Topflight, was very dim with the new light as it was when the Axa light died. I replaced the taillight with another Topflight a couple days ago and now the bike is running with both lights with full brightness. The Fly T headlight has an extra set of taillight connections - is it common to run two taillights? Or is this to run another accessary?

-Terry1

Veerle De Keersmaeker

Feb 5, 2018, 8:28:41 AM2/5/18
to PinoTalk
Hi, Terry, recently I installed also a new LED headlight.  Although the B&M Toplicht has a build -in diode (and can be connected directly to the hub dynamo) it is recommended to hook it to the headlight if there is a  connection. I have this info from the installation manual. There is a possibility to overload the hub if it it's a standard SP- SD 8( 3 Watt ). Frank