İlk okunmamış mesaja atla

head honcho

okunmadı,
15 Tem 2018 14:58:0815.07.2018
alıcı PinoTalk
We enjoy riding our Pino very much but the timing chain connecting the two cranks is a continuing irritant.  Our Pino is a 2013 model and the innermost pulley, the one on the inside nearest the frame seems like it is very loose with perhaps a worn out or missing bushing.  The chain often comes out of the "track" and makes noise and rubs against the frame coupling joint.  It's a rare ride not to have to fiddle with the chain at least once.

Any good ideas on improving the adjustment? I know Hase "improved" the mechanism on new Pinos and I have considered trying to update to the new style if that is possible.

Thanks!

Iain Mackay

okunmadı,
17 Tem 2018 11:27:3717.07.2018
alıcı PinoTalk
Our 2011 model (currently for sale) is much the same, and I recall having this trouble when we first got it or maybe a year or two after.  However, although the idler remains seriously loose and apparently wonky, I can't recall having any actual trouble with it in recent years.  I have just had a close look at it and, on trying the front pedals in both directions, I notice that the chain when under load is mostly only just stroking the idler wheel and not actually rotating it.  This may indicate that the solution is to find a tension setting that is sufficient to achieve that, without being so tight that it introduces unwanted friction.  It may also entail messing about with the position of the stay that supports the chain tubes at the front.

I also have a faint memory of having at one point removed the idler and reversed the way it's located so that, even if it attempts to capsize, the retaining bolt/washer prevents this happening.  This may be a false memory (and is definitely a hazy one), so I would suggest proceeding with caution if investigating this option.

head honcho

okunmadı,
17 Tem 2018 11:37:3717.07.2018
alıcı PinoTalk
Thank you for your observation.    I read in another posting that you have acquired a STEPS equipped Pino.   I'm going to assume it has the same (or very similar) timing chain tension mechanism as the newer non-STEPS machines.  With that assumption, do you think the newer arrangement is superior than the one on your 2011 Pino?

Thanks again.

larry black

okunmadı,
17 Tem 2018 12:22:5617.07.2018
alıcı pino...@googlegroups.com
We’ve traditionally opted out of any and all chain tubing on the several recumbents, trikes, and
Pinos we’ve owned.
On our everyday Titanium Pino and a 2007 Aluminum we owned the lower forward tubes are necessary for chain return.
In the Ti, If they had just placed the chain tube mount a few mm south we could have fit a more practical small pulley for the return trip
Initially disappointed that our STEPS Pino had a most labyrinthian  chain system with no way to work around, we discovered the system to be quieter and lower in friction than expected.
Sadly the system on the old aluminum Pino Requires upper and lower tubing and a maze of very sensitive and finicky clips with no available workaround unless someone here wants to make a suggestion

You are subscribed to the "PinoTalk" discussion group.
If you have joined recently other members would be pleased to see a short message introducing you.
Larry Black
Mt Airy Bicycle
College Park Bicycle
Maryland, USA
www.bike123.com
la...@bike123.com

Iain Mackay

okunmadı,
18 Tem 2018 04:29:1918.07.2018
alıcı PinoTalk
I hesitate to offer a considered review of the new arrangement as we haven't done many miles yet on the new machine.  The new system is an automatic tensioner, which in principle seems to be a big improvement.  I suspect it has a bit more frictional loss in it, as the chain goes round more pulleys and through more tubes, but so far it appears to be trouble-free with one exception that is specific to us:  I noticed that the tensioner tube was fouling the top of the front suspension assembly when turned to full right lock.  I concluded this was because we have the boom as far in as possible to accommodate Viv's small stature, and in this position the tube, which is curved and made of thin steel, was just interfering with the fork.  I have fixed this by changing the position of the front bracket that holds the tube in place, and this seems to be good now.  So overall, a cautious endorsement of the new arrangement.

Tümünü yanıtla
Yazarı yanıtla
Yönlendir
0 yeni ileti