IN and OUT Scripts

Moorthy Srinivasa Muthuswamy

Feb 13, 2014, 12:46:58 PM2/13/14
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com
Hello, can someone send me a script with which beams can be stored OUT of a Pinnacle plan and brought INto another Pinnacle plan?

thanks in advance.

M. Muthuswamy

Francisco Manchado de Sola

Feb 13, 2014, 2:27:41 PM2/13/14
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

Here you are the scripts to import and export beams.

Just three suggestions:
- If you have not, you must create the folder: / home/p3rtp/inout. (This folder is where the data will be saved).
- If the original beams refer to any ROI in the final plan you also have these ROI.
- The isocenter point of said beams must also exist in the final plan.

Best regards.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pinnacle3-users" group.

Francisco Manchado de Sola.
Hospital Juan Ramón Jiménez (Huelva).
635188128
IN and OUT.rar

Timothee Ruef

Feb 14, 2014, 6:49:59 AM2/14/14
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com
 I just have others suggestions:
- If the original beams refer to any ROI for the MLC conformation, change it to "manual".

cause if these ROIs exist in the final plan, Pinnacle will change the MLC to conforme it to theses ROIs wich can be differentes between final and original plan.

-Put the prescription in UM before export to keep these after the transfert
-Create this prescription in the final plan with exactly the same name and the same parameters (UMs)
-Note the weight (and UMs) of each beam cause it can be changed during transfert
-Obviously, the machine used in the original plan have to exist in the final plan's institution.

Stefania Cora

Feb 14, 2014, 8:26:41 AM2/14/14
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Moorthy,

I noticed that when the beams are imported in the new plan, Pinnacle keeps the Total Monitor Units, but it distributes the weights of the beams in a different way. This can be misleading if one doesn't pay attention to it.
Is this can be due to the fact that the isocenter in the new plan (for example in the plan of a phantom for QA purposes) is different or because the prescription was given to the mean dose to a ROI in the original plan tha doesn't exist in the new plan? or is it just Pinnacle that doesn't know how to deal with prescription if you import just the beams?

Thanks
Stefania
Stefania

Alex

Feb 14, 2014, 8:53:03 AM2/14/14
to pinnacle
Hi,

I think doing these before exporting will help:

1> Lock all beam weights
2> Change Rx to Set Monitor Units

Alex

Wyatt Smith

Feb 14, 2014, 9:14:15 AM2/14/14
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com

This is due to the fact the beams are added sequentially, so the “newer” beams will “steal” weighting from the existing beams.

Stefania Cora

Feb 14, 2014, 9:44:37 AM2/14/14
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com
ah ok, I understand. So the suggestion of Alex of locking the weights should help.
Regards

Gray, Jonathan

Feb 14, 2014, 10:31:30 AM2/14/14
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com

Before exporting the beams from plan A I recommend locking all beams except for the first one.  By doing this I am able to import the beams into plan B and create a cumulative plan without manually redistributing the monitor units of the imported beams.

Jonathan

Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer

Rémi STREIFF

Feb 17, 2014, 7:21:09 AM2/17/14
to pinnacle3-users
Hi all,

Few mounth ago I download the export and import script.
I custom it to import POI automaticaly and do not anything to do before import beams (for VMAT plan).

(the file have to be paste in /usr/local/PinnacleSiteData/clinical/Scrips/ folder)

If you have any question or suggestion ...

Rémi
Rémi Streiff
Restore_ATCD.zip

Moorthy Srinivasa Muthuswamy

Feb 17, 2014, 3:58:15 PM2/17/14
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all, for the wonderful help.

I will give it a try in the next couple of days.

M. Muthuswamy