RTPlan import

GRES Anthony

Aug 24, 2022, 5:17:06 AM8/24/22
to pinnacl...@googlegroups.com

Good morning everybody,

We’ve an old plan to restore on Pinnacle but we don’t have RTDose (only RTStruct and RTPlan).

We know that Pinnacle doesn’t accept RTPlan with control point.

I’ve tried to import RTPlan directly on the mount0 but when I open my patient nothing appear.

When I check on the mount_0 for other patient we don’t see RTPlan but just plan.roi, plan.trial … but not RTPlan

Is there anybody know a way to import this RTPlan?

Thanks a lot

Anthony GRES

Medical Physicit

+335.65.55.26.91

Robert Ross

Sep 7, 2022, 9:43:55 AM9/7/22
to pinnacle3-users
Hi

Pinnacle doesn't use the dicom objects (except for imaging, eg CT) in its planning files.  They are text files - all the objects are stored this way (beams, control points, ROIs, POIs) except for dose which is in some binary/hex format.  When we import dicom objects to Pinnacle, it translates the dicom file to the text file format.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any software to convert the dicom plan to a Pinnacle text file.  You could try to write one (I've been wanting to do this for ages but not had the time).  It might be simpler to write a program that splits up the control points into individual beams and create a 90-beam plan.

Kind regards
Robert