Camp Idea

marcus

Oct 20, 2006, 6:45:25 PM10/20/06
to Pinko Marketing Discussion
There's this festering idea that Tara and I conjured up a while back.
I've had a desire to foster an online community for those who have lost
their faith in the the fundamental church organization.

My guess is there are a lot of people like me who want to experience a
relationship with God and their fellow humans - but not in the way that
dogma and doctrine have led us to believe.

There must be people who want to know what Jesus meant when he spoke
about - Heaven on Earth, goodwill to ALL mankind, help for the
fatherless and the widow, compassion for the poor, turning the other
cheek - and loving our neighbor as ourself.

What would a community look like if people actually lived this way?
And what would it take to initiate and perpetuate such a movement?

So, I'm opening this up to Pinkos. Could we start a new camp, like
barcamp, but for those seeking a spiritual connection, maybe using
technology to affect culture? Create conversation. Evoke change.
Effect people positively, minus the religious hurdles and baggage. Get
back to the origins of faith.

Would anyone be inspired to do something like this?

Marcus
http://prayone.com
http://godsnotmad.blogspot.com/

Chris Messina

Oct 21, 2006, 2:43:35 AM10/21/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
I'd recommend that you get in touch with Mike Jones:

http://www.shouldbe.net/2006/09/07/would-barcamp-work-as-churchcamp/

Chris

--
Chris Messina
Citizen Provocateur &

Alex Piner

Oct 21, 2006, 3:02:54 AM10/21/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
HELL YEAH< FUCKING A!

pencil me in but not from the perspective o flost faith

I would like to see this as a SPIRITUAL HACKATHON

The great Doug Engelbart, who is the "Moses of the information Age"
lets me call him every 2 days (hint to Chris).

He invented most of this and more web/computer stuff in just the idea
of serving humanity.

I think he is a bit off though,

Dougs story is that at the age of 25, he realized he had no defined
goals. He then decided to help Humanity, thought "How?", decided that
to "increase Human IQ collectively and individually" was the best
course, with the methodology of using computers to Augment Human
intelligence. Out of 6 years of research at Stanford, his team
invented working hypertext, the mouse, the first text on CRT, disk
versioning system, much more, all in the pursuit to solve the "complex
urgent problems" we all are facing.

Anyhoo, I see the problems facing us as a spiritual one, that people

"expend energy to accumulate resources that exceed their needs" due to
faulty perception information/reality/

Now Who Wants to be A Millionaire?

infoKhan
http://spreadingthesemanticweb.com

Alex Piner

Oct 21, 2006, 3:04:07 AM10/21/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, bad sig, pardon the pimp correction

http://spreadthesemanticweb.com

Alex Piner

Oct 21, 2006, 7:11:02 AM10/21/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Marcus,
Pardon my expletive filled yell, I hope I did not offend anyone, it is
jsut EXCATLY what I have been thinking of. also, i m waging a
"Semantic Web War" against unseen , unhuman forces and systems and
complexes who "do not have a face" yet cause unending Human misery.

>Could we start a new camp, like
> barcamp, but for those seeking a spiritual connection, maybe using
> technology to affect culture?

BY ALL MEANS YES! This is where Doug Englebart , the "Moses of The
Information Age", did not quite get it right. For he addressed the
"urgent complex problems" of Humanity by "increasing collective and
individual IQ as fast as possible" by "Augementing Intelligence
systems" , which is ONLY ADRESSING THE MIND. We also have a Heart, and
Body (Doug covers this as well, but not DIRECTLY, and more body than
heart)

So to reiterate, the problem is thus:

"Humans expend energy to attain resources beyond their capacity to
consume" due to faulty perception of
information/reality/value/cultural programming (workin gon a mantra
chris)

Why would anyone bust their ass to make 2 million/200,000 a year even
though they hate it or if it was just tolerable. We have strong
programming to "get rich" beyond our needs, This is "evil".

Information is true currency.
Belief is bunk, and I will want to run away from anyone who is into
that and "faith".
To be more explicit, it is about Experience.
If you can rationally "think" or "believe
"of the "Great Spirit in The Sky" , Buddha, great Satan Lord of Man's
Carnal nature, Jesus, Old Time Gospel GOD, whatever, you are know
closer than an automobile is to the Truth, which must be Felt,
Experienced. All else is vile simulation.

Call it SpiriTech?

>Create conversation. Evoke change.
> Effect people positively, minus the religious hurdles and baggage. Get
> back to the origins of faith.

> Would anyone be inspired to do something like this?

me , and I bet alot of you, too
Alex Piner
infoKhan
310-439-1452 home
310-804-0881 cell

Scott Brooks

Oct 21, 2006, 8:44:24 AM10/21/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Too much god stuff out there now for me ... there are virtual churches
cheers

scott

Citizen Rogue

Oct 21, 2006, 10:37:40 AM10/21/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Marcus,

You should get in touch with a good friend of mine, Bob. I'll send you his contact information.

I do think we lack an objective discussion about faith nowadays. I don't know what it means anymore, but I use it liberally. When it comes to the Pinko stuff I work with clients on, I use it (although there are successes in the wild, it's still so tempting for them to want to fall back on PR and buying ads). When I talk to people about the shift in the power structures, I use it. When I talk to myself about keeping strong, I definitely use it.

I have a new religion and it is hope, combined with some sort of Buddhist-like 'non-harm' attitude towards people (even those that I hate for a moment - it's pretty zen to release that feeling and just feel empathy for people who try to do me wrong). Religion has been a crutch for so many for so long (using it to justify war and terrible things like racism, sexism and homophobia), so it tends to turn people off. That is evidenced even in Scott, who is a really good guy and who is obviously not faithless, because he has taken a leap himself and started a company with a good friend.

I would be interested in gathering in a non-denominational space to discuss this stuff. Bring on people from all faiths to debate what the future of faith is. That is intriguing. Is it personal? Does it still have a place in the social? Should it ever be connected in any way (even funded) by the government? Is it a non-profit thing?

I say, build it and people will come. Have it in the least religious place, if you can (maybe Vegas).

I'll get you in touch with Bob.

Tara
--
tara 'miss rogue' hunt
agent provocateur

marcus

Oct 21, 2006, 11:24:36 AM10/21/06
to Pinko Marketing Discussion
Hi Scott, Thank you for your honesty.
However - this should not be viewed as a church as much as going back
to the idea that helping people is the ultimate sacrifice.

Interesting how the writers of the new testement used the word
'ecclesia' to describe not a building, a denomination or a
geo-political influence, but a movement of people. It was Constantine
that brought in the Socratic Method of teaching and turned intimate
house meetings into public gatherinngs. Large gatherings need
organization, for safety and order - which escalated into power
structures and control.

Enter in the protestant movement of the Renaissance era and you get
splintering, finger pointing and continued wrestling for power.

I'm not looking for another new church, virtual or otherwise. And by
"God Stuff," I am assuming a reference to party lines, boycotts and
further isolation of the Christian Ghetto we refer to as the Church.

The world does not need another denomination, political manifesto or
bigoted social agenda. It does not need another radio program,
television network, book publisher or what have you.

It needs people who want to see communities built and lived out on very
basic human principles - like love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

So while I agree with you about "too much god stuff out there," I just
don't see much of it taking effect. Just a lot of fluff and propaganda
with very little substance -- I'm not interesteed in that any more than
you are.

marcus

Oct 21, 2006, 11:25:16 AM10/21/06
to Pinko Marketing Discussion
Will do Chris - thank you.

Alex Piner

Oct 21, 2006, 12:28:45 PM10/21/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Marcus,

Have started a BarCamp SpiriTech.

Hope we can touch base, as we definitely have different perspective (
as we are from 2 different places)

there seems to be much we have in common

iK
http://spreadthesemanticweb.com

marcus

Oct 22, 2006, 5:35:06 PM10/22/06
to Pinko Marketing Discussion
Alright, in continuing to send out feelers, I'd like to bounce these
things off before we take this over to a wiki.

Event titles: subcamp - as in subtext, subversive or substance.
(suggested) goocamp - denotes a sticky situation or work in
progress

Dates in mind: December 2nd - Bay Area
(suggested) January 6th - Los Angeles Area
January 20th - Las Vegas

Context: 1). Conversations about emerging faith traditions
- Is it personal?
- Does it have a place in our social strata?
- Should it ever be affiliated with government?
- Is it a non-profit thing?
- What does it look like?
- How should it behave?
· Social justice
· Global equality
· Environmental responsibilities
· Holistic approach
· Missional intent

2). Technology and faith
- How could it be better implemented
- Collaborate ideas for web apps.
- Where is technology taking people of faith?
- Or, where are people of faith taking technology?
- Yes -- collaborative hacking is strongly encouraged at the
camp?

Further Thoughts: Faith is a journey, not a destination.
Faith must be deconstructed before it can "live" again.
Narrative teaching rather than expository or inspirational.
Context is everything.
There is more gray than black and white.
It's okay to not have all of the answers.
Internet technology should be implemented wherever possible.
Reintroduce the Arts as a powerful expression of faith.
Experience is a good teacher, but not an exclusive one.
Seek non-traditional voices for input - may learn something new!
Broaden our understanding and influences for and from other
faiths.
Share, collaborate and promote our networks and resources.
Never forget the power of relationships, locally and globally.

Alex Piner

Oct 22, 2006, 5:48:27 PM10/22/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Cool, many Karma Points to you for th ework, Marcus.

On 10/22/06, marcus <mar...@prayone.com> wrote:

> Alright, in continuing to send out feelers, I'd like to bounce these
> things off before we take this over to a wiki.
>
> Event titles: subcamp - as in subtext, subversive or substance.

best , but can be about anything - ACTUALLy like it as calling
something "anarchycamp" is silly

> (suggested) goocamp - denotes a sticky situation or work in
> progress

bah -goocamp sound like bitchy workers, but if it is about
collaborative environments, pencil me in

mine : spiriTech

> Dates in mind: December 2nd - Bay Area

Yes, but later date

> (suggested) January 6th - Los Angeles Area

LA word up yes too

> January 20th - Las Vegas

Only on 4th of July

the res tis too much for now , see you soon

http://spreadthesemanticweb.com

Alex Piner

Oct 22, 2006, 7:12:13 PM10/22/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com

> Context: 1). Conversations about emerging faith traditions
> - Is it personal?
> - Does it have a place in our social strata?
> - Should it ever be affiliated with government?
> - Is it a non-profit thing?
> - What does it look like?
> - How should it behave?
> · Social justice
> · Global equality
> · Environmental responsibilities
> · Holistic approach
My
only interest is Wholistic, as everything else is a symptom, and
cannot be "solved"

> · Missional intent
>
> 2). Technology and faith
> - How could it be better implemented
> - Collaborate ideas for web apps.
> - Where is technology taking people of faith?
> - Or, where are people of faith taking technology?
> - Yes -- collaborative hacking is strongly encouraged at the
> camp?

Yes, I would also like to cover Douglas Engelbart, whose story is one
of th emost amazing in history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Engelbart

well, that is my sole interest, and some buddha crap

john4321

Nov 2, 2006, 7:09:28 AM11/2/06
to Pinko Marketing Discussion
Using Autoresponders - Instant Cash - Money Making Machins

Click for details at:
http://www.viamen.com/uncategorized/using-autoresponders-instant-cash-money-making-mashins.html

Using Autoresponders
"Experts have shown that it often takes 7 or more ad exposures before
prospective customers actually make a purchase".

There are two services I sincerely recommend to register immediately
and use now:

GetResponse ( http://www.getresponse.com/index/winnow )
and
Aweber ( http://www.aweber.com/?215714 )

Autoresponders are a great way to market a product or service. It is
proven that most customers do not buy on your first contact with them.
You need to keep contacting them in a gentle, persuasive way.

An autoresponder automatically responds to email with one or more
prewritten messages. This means you can send personalised information
(and follow up messages) about your product or service to a mailing
list without lifting a finger.... well, you still have to type the
messages.

As soon as a visitor to your site fills in their name and email
address, their copy of your free report is automatically sent to them
via autoresponder and should arrive at their inbox within seconds.

A good autoresponder system will work automatically all of the time.
It's a much more effective way to communicate with your audience
because your message is delivered only to people who have requested it.

Think about all the time you will save by not having to repeatedly
answer the same questions or having to send out the same information
over and over. For more about using autoresponders click here,
otherwise try out these great services:

I use Aweber.com and Getresponse.com, they're two of the best
autoresponders on the market -I've never had any problems using either
of them. You can find more information on these autoresponder services
below:

Aweber ( http://www.aweber.com/?215714 )

Aweber is the service that I use most. It has Unlimited Autoresponders,

Follow
Ups, Broadcasts, Toll-Free Customer Service. There's also a 30 day
money back guarantee.
Aweber has the fastest autoresponders on the net (that we know of
anyway) -
Opt-in requests are processed in real time, they automatically capture
the subscriber IP
address and the messages are sent out within 5 seconds!

GetResponse ( http://www.getresponse.com/index/winnow )

With Get Response, you have unlimited autoresponders (meaning that you
can set
up as many different autoresponder accounts as you like). Get response
is easy
to set up and manage and has a number of powerful personalization and
smart
tracking features. There's a limited free service and PRO service. You
can
start out with the free service to see if it's going to be useful for
your
business, at some stage or another you will probably want to upgrade to

the PRO
version.

Click for details at:
http://www.viamen.com/uncategorized/using-autoresponders-instant-cash-money-making-mashins.html

David Rogers

Nov 2, 2006, 11:13:27 AM11/2/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Wow. What a way to build community...

I use Aweber.com and Getresponse.com , they're two of the best

Chandra Raghavan

Nov 2, 2006, 11:23:20 AM11/2/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
hahaha boy! how did that get on this list :D
--
And why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Singapore cell : +65-90701459

Citizen Rogue

Nov 2, 2006, 12:38:50 PM11/2/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
I swear... there is something about Pinko and spammers these days. Argh.

It's so rude.

Chandra, is that line from Batman Returns? :) We just watched it the other night. I totally want his gadgets.

T.

Chandra Raghavan

Nov 2, 2006, 2:37:38 PM11/2/06
On 11/3/06, Citizen Rogue <ta...@citizenagency.com> wrote:
> I swear... there is something about Pinko and spammers these days. Argh.

haha yeah that sucks. But, I guess spam is just an undesirable
side-effect of enabling open conversations. Tools that enable open
conversations are also more prone to spam. It boils down to the degree
of annoyance it causes and the ability of the "good part" of the
community to fight back. That said, maybe we could take turns to
patrol the wiki so that we can open it up again?

> Chandra, is that line from Batman Returns? :) We just watched it the other night. I totally want his gadgets.

Batman Begins actually. quite an inspirational quote, don't you think
:). btw, in the movie, some of those gadgets are shipped from
Singapore ;)