Pinko Marketing in Wikipedia?

Tara Hunt

Jan 2, 2007, 1:25:16 PM1/2/07
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Hey gang,

Having just been deleted without notice over the holidays in Wikipedia, I realized a great error...there is no Pinko Marketing in Wikipedia!

With over 119,000 results on Google and nearly 1,000 results on Technorati, a growing movement in Europe (especially France) and a Google Groups mailing list of over 200...I think it could be classified as a strong enough meme to make it onto Wikipedia. There is no shortage of references, that's for sure!

Thanks to John Green for fighting my article deletion and for the many who put it up there in the first place...but I think that Pinko Marketing, itself, is a much better entry anyway because it includes all of you. ;)

--
Sincerely,

Tara
-----------------------
tara 'miss rogue' hunt
agent provocateur
Citizen Agency (www.citizenagency.com)
blog: www.horsepigcow.com
phone: 415-694-1951
fax: 415-727-5335

Steve Rhodes

Jan 2, 2007, 1:30:40 PM1/2/07
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Though once a Pinko Marketing entry is up, it should contain a link to
an entry about you.

--
Steve Rhodes

http://ari.typepad.com

http://tigerbeat.vox.com blogs

http://flickr.com/photos/ari/ photos

http://del.icio.us/tigerbeat interesting articles & sites

Tara Hunt

Jan 2, 2007, 1:37:46 PM1/2/07
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Well, perhaps it will get overturned...but the wikipedians are ruthless. I need to have an article about me in some major newspaper (not SF Chron, O'Reilly Radar and National Post - nope...that's not enough for them).

Rohan Jayasekera

Jan 2, 2007, 2:00:10 PM1/2/07
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
It seems to me that the best reason to fork Wikipedia would be to fix its one greatest failing:  shutting out perfectly justifiable articles simply because they're not about Paris Hilton or whoever else the deletionists have managed to hear about in their limited lives.  I was amazed to learn during the Wikimedia Foundation elections that I'm not even entitled to vote because despite all the improvement I've made to Wikipedia it doesn't add up to 400 edits.  If I write a long article from scratch and strive for accuracy so that corrections don't need to be made, it counts as a single edit, the same as if someone else inserts a spurious comma because of a lack of understanding of grammar.

I apologize for the off-topic email.  I rarely get mad enough to do that.

Rohan

Tara Hunt

Jan 2, 2007, 3:31:48 PM1/2/07
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Ah...yes...the Wikipedia gatekeepers...it's an odd, but fascinating community.

T.

Scott Brooks

Jan 2, 2007, 4:23:56 PM1/2/07
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
It seems like they are trying to accomplish an amazing balancing act .....give too much freedom and it opens up to abuse, tighten the reins and things that should be in don't get in. Ironically i was reading today that Quatar has been totally cut off from editing anything .....an entire country .......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinko

this made me laugh ....are we commies ? hahahahaha

cheers

scott brooks

top of 2007 to everyone !

Citizen Agency ( www.citizenagency.com )

Tara Hunt

Jan 2, 2007, 5:18:25 PM1/2/07
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Actually, that is the origin of Pinko Marketing...think it came out of nowhere?

We aren't "commies" we are Community Sympathizers (pinko means
communist sympathizer)...see the connection? ;)

Tara

> > > ----- Original Message ----- *From:* Tara Hunt <ta...@citizenagency.com>

Scott Brooks

Jan 2, 2007, 7:57:29 PM1/2/07
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
i learn something every day .....

> > Citizen Agency ( www.citizenagency.com )

/pd

Jan 5, 2007, 9:40:09 AM1/5/07
to Pinko Marketing Discussion
not sure..but I have my own pages here.. :)-

http://peterdawson.pbwiki.com/WhatisPinko