Barcamp in Singapore!

1 view

Chandra Raghavan

Jan 6, 2007, 2:34:49 PM1/6/07
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
hey everyone:
We are doing a Barcamp in Singapore! Go check out our Wiki page
(http://barcamp.org/BarCampSingapore) and mailing list
(barc...@googlegroups.com).

I'm gonna do a presentation on Pinko Marketing! Since I'm a noob your
advice and inputs will be appreciated :)

--
And why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

Singapore cell : +65-90701459

Tara Hunt

Jan 7, 2007, 1:13:23 PM1/7/07
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
That's awesome, Chandra! Bring Pinko to Singapore! Do you have slides that you can share with us? Or some speaking points?

T.
--
Sincerely,

Tara
-----------------------
tara 'miss rogue' hunt
agent provocateur
Citizen Agency ( www.citizenagency.com)
blog: www.horsepigcow.com
phone: 415-694-1951
fax: 415-727-5335

Chandra Raghavan

Jan 7, 2007, 1:37:11 PM1/7/07
On 1/8/07, Tara Hunt <ta...@citizenagency.com> wrote:
> That's awesome, Chandra! Bring Pinko to Singapore! Do you have slides that
> you can share with us? Or some speaking points?

Thanks for your message Tara. I'll upload the slides as soon as I'm done!

Chandra Raghavan

Jan 18, 2007, 1:32:09 PM1/18/07
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone:
Its been a busy couple of weeks, but we have finally got everything
setup for the Barcamp here in Singapore. I'm still working on my
presentation, but here is an outline so that I can get feedback from
you. I'm gonna present on Saturday at 3pm, Singapore time (11pm Friday
Pacific Time), so I would appreciate it if you could send me your
feedback before that. Ok here goes:

Outline for Pinkomarketing presentation:
1.) What is Pinko Marketing?

2.) Cluetrain 101
a. the human voice: why it is so distinctive and appealing.
b. the concept of markets as conversations and how the Web, IRC,
blogs+++ have created conversations on a humungous scale.
c. Examples!

3.) Pinko as a marketing philosophy built around the principles of
the Cluetrain Manifesto.

4.) Why is marketing different in a conversing, global market? Has
the role of the "consumer" changed?
a. People like to talk; they will talk back to your organization (examples)
b. If they like what they see (and hear), they will become
passionate users who will go to the extent of extending your product!
(examples)
c. People don't trust tailor-made messages anymore (why?)

5.) Basic principle of Pinko: Build a community around your
products... don't just sell them
(similarly, build a community around your company. In my view, this
community is more important than the financial shareholders of the
company! maximize value for the community!)

6.) What does "building a community instead of selling" mean?
a. Case studies in brief - gmail, firefox, spreadfirefox, wikipedia, flickr
b. Discussion: Did they hard-sell? What did they do? Why did it
work? Using cluetrain principles as a framework.
c. Discuss how these companies interacted with their user
communities and use the "Pinko Marketing Map" to complete the
discussion.

7.) What does all this mean? Are other forms of marketing dead?
a. No. SPAM works too... sure, it is illegal in some places but it
still works if you want to use it.
b. The key question is (apart from the legal and ethical issues): is
it sustainable? brief discussion. will you be able to build a company
that operates successfully in this connected market without
understanding it?

Conclusion - Think this is cool? What is the next step?
a. Check out more case studies: pinkomarketing.com
b. Talk to people: pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
c. Figure out how you can make it work for your business/project

Ok! looking forward to hearing your comments.
Chandrashekar (Chandra)