How can developers get involved?

Gaaargh

Nov 21, 2009, 2:17:56 AM11/21/09
to Pink Army Cooperative
Where can we start finding practical steps for helping this cause? Is
there some language we can learn or some general concepts? How do we
test whatever we produce?

Andrew Hessel

Nov 21, 2009, 6:21:00 AM11/21/09
to pink-army-...@googlegroups.com

There's more information in production about how to be involved, but the first practical step for most people is to become a member.  Then it's your company.  After this, how would you like to help grow and improve the business?

Andrew Hessel
Bioinformatics/Biotechnology Co-Chair, Singularity University
Founder, Pink Army Cooperative
Sent from Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Bryan Bishop

Nov 21, 2009, 12:21:36 PM11/21/09
to pink-army-...@googlegroups.com, kan...@gmail.com
I have some ideas for possible first steps on the technical side of
things. Maybe we can chat some time? The first step, I think, is
making sure we can aggregate all of our development efforts together,
making sure we can share the results, the designs for equipment,
hardware, software, etc. Once we get the fundamentals set up, we
should be good to go-- I think setting up a common, shared development
framework/environment should really only take a few days once we have
someone else (i.e. someone other than me) interested in it. It's no
fun doing it with just one person!

Feel free to call!

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507

Andrew Hessel

Nov 21, 2009, 1:26:14 PM11/21/09
to pink-army-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bryan, I am happy to chat but swamped right now.  Right now, my focus is on communications and community.  People are actively working on this now, and once we better get the message out, the resources for the downstream work will come together easily.  The technical pieces are quite straightforward.

Bioinformatics/Biotechnology Co-Chair, Singularity University
Founder, Pink Army Cooperative
Sent from Denver, Colorado, United States