Can't compile 26J50 on OS X Mountain Lion (server)

Tabaliah

May 22, 2013, 1:26:08 AM5/22/13
to pingui...@googlegroups.com
This error is spoken of on the Pinguino Forum, and the link say's "Solved" but I can't see the solution.  When I attempt to compile a simple script using the Pinguino 26J50 I get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/michael/pinguino/wxgui/pinguino.py", line 706, in OnVerify
    retour=self.compile(filename, self.curBoard)
  File "/Users/michael/pinguino/wxgui/pinguino.py", line 1149, in compile
    stdout=fichier, stderr=STDOUT)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1249, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

. . . however I don't get it if I choose another setting say, Pinguino 2550.  Thing is I don't have any other chips except the PIC 18F26J50.

On another not - I do not get a blinking LED - Not with the chip that came with my Pinguino KIT, nor with another chip that I have programmed with the current boot loader.  Both chips just give me a solid red light  - if I press the reset I can see a very slight blink (like really slight, what it takes to reset the chip slight) and back to solid red.  I can see the USB port as a Pinguino in my Mac's profile - so something must be correct someplace.

Mac USB Profile:

Pinguino:

  Product ID: 0xfeaa
  Vendor ID: 0x04d8  (Microchip Technology Inc.)
  Version: 4.08
  Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer: R.Blanchot
  Location ID: 0xfa120000 / 4
  Current Available (mA): 500
  Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)

Duminda Kaviranga

May 24, 2013, 10:42:14 AM5/24/13
to pingui...@googlegroups.com
Sometimes it may be fault on the crystal in your board or sometimes it
may be fault on some capacitor . Or else reburn the chip with
appropriate bootloader on the pinguino repos...

Best regards!

--
Sent from my mobile device

Duminda Kaviranga Gunawardhana
Microsoft Student Ambassador
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Open University of Sri Lanka

Tabaliah

May 27, 2013, 3:04:47 AM5/27/13
to pingui...@googlegroups.com
I have a second chip which has been burnt with the most current bootloader - it's indications are the same.  I have more of the same but feel it fruitless to burn yet another.
If the xtal were not working (or the chip in general) I would not see the USB information on my computer.
For the split second that my Windows 8 preview would still operate it *seemed* like it was going to function.  (Note to self, need to buy a copy of Windows).
I cannot even compile a 26j50 on my Mac.  I have upgraded everything that has been indicated in various forums - removed from my system and re-uploaed.  Always the same.  I can compile other microcontroller types, however I do not have those types.

Still doesn't work - options?  (Thanks)

Duminda Kaviranga

May 28, 2013, 4:13:10 AM5/28/13
to pingui...@googlegroups.com
@Tabaliah
please recheck your chip burner(i think pickit2) has burnt the hex
file correctly. Sometimes i get the error like you mentioned when
using dupicate clones of pickit2 . Also double check the capacitor in
your bootloader board , use mentione ones . Do not use carbon film
capacitors instead ceremic ones . Also check the leds and connections
in your board or re-heat the soldered places.
Thanks!
Best regards !