Bootloader 4.14 seems to hang irreversible

Sven

Apr 14, 2014, 4:12:03 PM4/14/14
to pingui...@googlegroups.com
I would like to use the latest bootloader and it works most of the time very nicely as described in the manual, but after some uploads the user program doesn't start anymore after "starting user program" is diplayed in the output of the uploader. Restarting of the IDE, unplug-plug, etc. don't work here. The only thing that works is to reload the booloader*.hex into the pic.

Then I'm stuck using the BULK.* functions. Here, the USB configuration via libusb with the value "3" fails in my c program. With bootloader 2.12 and USB.* functions it works perfectly...

André Gentric

Apr 15, 2014, 9:18:45 AM4/15/14
to pingui...@googlegroups.com
With Bootloader 4.14 USB configuration is 1 and not 3,  ENDPOINT_IN = 0x81 and not 0x82 as for v2.12
Look at this example or another in folder :
 examples\04- communications\USB\bulk\USB_bulk_read_from_host.pde with the associated USB_bulk_write_to_pinguino.py as PC application
it works ok.
André
--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "Pinguino".

Sven

Apr 15, 2014, 12:39:59 PM4/15/14
to pingui...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot, that configuration works.
I tried to use the examples but didn't find any hint towards config changes. The USB.read() syntax also seems to have change (for the better). It is really great that one can now receive a buffer via usb.

If it is of any help, I could try to read a hex dump out of my pic when the bootloader is hanging...

André Gentric

Apr 15, 2014, 3:26:30 PM4/15/14
to pingui...@googlegroups.com
Here is various syntaxes :
USB.read or USB.gets  >>    u8 USB.read(u8 *rxpointer)  returns length of filled receiving buffer
USB.write or USB.puts >>    u8 USB.write(u8 *txpointer, u8 length)  returns length of transmitting buffer
USB.available>> u8 USB.available(void) returns TRUE if data are arrived in the rxbuffer else returns FALSE.
In the above statements you can use BULK instead of USB.

What do you mean by "I didn't find any hint towards config changes". ? Config data are internal in p8\pinguino\libraries\usb\picusb.h and normally not modifiable in v4.14 environment.

What .pde did you use just before the bootloader seems to hang ? I think it is possible that an pde application modifies the bootloader (or interacts with it). To check !
André